Revell Super Hornet with lessons learned

hpetiers

• 2 weeks later...

thank you gentlemen for this encouragement, this deck is really a paint drainer. Boy, did I underestimate the amount of work for this large a diorama! Needed to take the side wall off my paint booth to make it fit

DSC09155.jpg

Luckily I got some things done this weekend, put on a layer of varnish and then dabbed on some very thin, very dark grey artist oil paint with a sponge. Then the result was a bit too dirty, I decided to put on a thin, diluted layer of the original colors. I think the result is realistic enough now:

DSC09158.jpg

hi Derek B,

thanks for your compliment, appreciate it! SO now I have finally finished this project. Took nearly a year but it was worth the effort. Can't wait for the -F to come in October!

anyway here is the last in progress pic of the carrier deck, everything put together now:

DSC09160.jpg

DSC09161.jpg

more pics will follow, lets see if I can make some photo's from my back garden in the sunlight tomorrow.

DSC09181.jpg

Thanks for hanging in with me, it was an amazing adventure!

Now, where is that Strike Eagle that I only half finished last year?

Nicely done!

It was really educational (perhaps a bit intimidating) seeing the kit issues and how you dealt with them in stride! Now seeing the finished build is great! 

I noticed you giving a bit of a tutorial over on LSM as well, good man passing on your knowledge!

Cant wait for the next build! I'll be there, if C-19 or being stir crazy at home doesn't get me

• 1 year later...

Just caught up with this brave and amazing project. It's giving me the impetus — and guidance — to tackle an F.

Many thanks for sharing your expertise with us,

Tony