Academy 1/35 USMC AH-1Z “Shark Mouth”

LSP_Kevin

17 hours ago, DONG said:

I'm not really a helo guy but I do like a nice AH-1. Now if someone would go back and do some nice early versions (AH-1F, G etc)

ACADEMY I'm talking to you :wub:

Don

You said it Don!!  I'm really surprised that they would have offered up this version, which I have to believe has limited interest compared to a G.  Hopefully it sells well and they start a line of Cobras!   

Also nice to see that they opted of accurate (and absolutely gorgeous) surface details, vrs the approach KH took on their othewise nice looking Blackhawk. 

I received mine and I am amazed at the level of surface detail, it really looks incredible and I think even Tamiya couldn't have done a better job.  I've done some test fitting with the larger parts and so far everything lines up nicely.  I would start it now but I need to finish up my F-16A first so it doesn't end up back on the self of nearly finished.  I'm a huge fan of the AH-1Z so I can't wait to get started. 

Bryan

I have received mine yesterday as well and I share Dave's opinion. I would even go a step further - in terms of surface detail, this is one of the best if not the best kit I have seen in years. The seats are indeed a disappointment and given the fact they have included a PE fret, they could and should have included seat belts as well. Anyway, overall impression is excellent. If the assembly is half as good as the kit's looks in the box, it'll be huge fun! 

On 4/4/2019 at 7:33 PM, ghatherly said:

Hi,   I just got mine and echo Everyone’s positive posts.  A real step up from the Wisky kit and on par with the MH-53 kits.

Definitely better than the 48th scale CH/MH-53 kits as the Cobra features correct raised rivet detail. 

Got my kit today, it's very nice. Some of the best surface detail I've ever seen. I'd like to have seen a little better cockpit detail, especially the seats. But overall this kit is truly great. Now, never being satisfied, hope they'll be some nice aftermarket and decals.

Chuck

1 hour ago, otis252 said:

Got my kit today, it's very nice. Some of the best surface detail I've ever seen. I'd like to have seen a little better cockpit detail, especially the seats. But overall this kit is truly great. Now, never being satisfied, hope they'll be some nice aftermarket and decals.

Chuck

If Cobra is still in business, they'll probably pop off some stuff.

1 hour ago, LSP_K2 said:

If Cobra is still in business, they'll probably pop off some stuff.

They're not, unfortunately, but Mike at Lone Star Models bought most if not all their moulds. I think he may have already on-sold the 1/144 scale stuff, however.

Kev