Kitty Hawk's new 1/35 MH-60L Blackhawk

Hawkwrench

Other that the review kits, I haven’t heard of anyone getting a kit with figures.  According to KH, the figure set alone is $50 USD if you buy it from them.  If you’re getting a kit for around $100, it’s unlikely it will come with figures.

Edited by Dave Williams

I'm not normally a helo' builder but just recently, I've found my stash being infiltrated by whirly birds.

I've an Apache, a Wessex, a Lynx, and now I'm wanting the Black Hawk. 

Those figures look incredible, and will enhance the kit to another level.

Does anyone have an idea when it'll be landing on U.K. shelves? 

4 hours ago, Stokey Pete said:

I'm not normally a helo' builder but just recently, I've found my stash being infiltrated by whirly birds.

I've an Apache, a Wessex, a Lynx, and now I'm wanting the Black Hawk. 

I'm not a helo guy either, but the new Academy AH-1Zulu landed on my doorstep recently. Not sure what the KHM Blackhawk looks like in the box, but if you are in a heli mood, I can highly recommend that new AH-1Z too.

On 4/17/2019 at 5:25 PM, Dave Williams said:

Other that the review kits, I haven’t heard of anyone getting a kit with figures.  According to KH, the figure set alone is $50 USD if you buy it from them.  If you’re getting a kit for around $100, it’s unlikely it will come with figures.

Dave - my point is that the reviewers are getting kits with figures, and even they don't know if they're meant to be included or not. Further, if you look at the Amazon listing the customer reviewer says he got the figures. I ordered the same kit from the same listing and didn't get the figures. Feel free to explain that to me. This is bad communications from KH.

Edited by jgrease
removed erroneous info

43 minutes ago, jgrease said:

Dave - my point is that the reviewers are getting kits with figures, and even they don't know if they're meant to be included or not. Further, if you look at the Amazon listing the customer reviewer says he got the figures. I ordered the same kit from the same listing and didn't get the figures. Feel free to explain that to me. This is bad communications from KH.

I never claimed it wasn’t bad communications on someone’s part, whether it’s the reviewer or KH, and I don’t feel the need to explain to you or anyone else.  I simply stated that knowing KH is charging $50 for the figures alone, it was unlikely that a kit sold for $100 was likely to include the figures as a means of possibly indicating a way to tell whether a kit came with figures or not.  I also tend to disbelieve that review on Amazon that the person got the figures.  Likely, that person got a review kit and didn’t order it from Amazon like everyone else did.  At this point, I’m not sure that any of the kits will come with the figures in the box, at least with the same 50005 kit number.

Got the stub wing covers from KH today, so that part is taken care of.  Going to wait to see if anyone is going to come out with aftermarket accessories and corrections for the kit.

Over at ARC, Floyd Werner said that all of the current boxings with the box art in color will not come with figures in the box.  A later release with black and white box art will have the figures, or they can be bought separately.  FYI.

On 4/18/2019 at 5:12 PM, Hawkwrench said:

Pics please!!!

Tim

On 4/19/2019 at 8:11 AM, Pete Fleischmann said:

I’ll get some up eventually! Perhaps I’ll include them with a build thread once I get the Pavehawk going-

cheers

Pete

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/80351-live-resin-figures-for-hh-60-pavehawk/&tab=comments#comment-1128285

Here ya go-

Pete

On 4/24/2019 at 3:22 AM, Dave Williams said:

Got the stub wing covers from KH today, so that part is taken care of.  Going to wait to see if anyone is going to come out with aftermarket accessories and corrections for the kit.

Over at ARC, Floyd Werner said that all of the current boxings with the box art in color will not come with figures in the box.  A later release with black and white box art will have the figures, or they can be bought separately.  FYI.

Seriously?

Way to kill initial sales of a product. If I was interested in buying this kit, I would think "colour box art v set of resin figures? No brainer, I will wait for the B&W box art". Even if I didn't want to paint the figure, I could then sell them on e-bay or something. 

I am really surprised, as you may be able to tell from my surprised tone.

7 hours ago, DonH said:

Seriously?

Way to kill initial sales of a product. If I was interested in buying this kit, I would think "colour box art v set of resin figures? No brainer, I will wait for the B&W box art". Even if I didn't want to paint the figure, I could then sell them on e-bay or something. 

I am really surprised, as you may be able to tell from my surprised tone.

I’m very sure that the price of the kit with figures is going to be higher than the kit without the figures, especially since KH is selling the figures for $50+.  Some people aren’t interested in the figures and aren’t interested in paying the extra price for them.  KH did the same thing with the AH/MH-6J kit, where the prices were $40 different.

https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/Model_Aircraft/ah-6j-little-bird-nightstalkers/KHM00050003/product.php?kw=Ah-6

https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/Model_Aircraft/ah-6j-mh-6j-little-bird-w-figures/KHM00050004/product.php?kw=Ah-6

I’m fine with not having the figures and getting the kit for cheaper.  The main problem I see in this is that this strategy wasn’t clearly communicated before people started getting the kits in their hands.

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone! Yes I'm new here...

Just received my KH MH-60L kit earlier this week. Currently poaching around to see if anyone has put together some kind of painting guide as the kit instructions are sorely lacking. I've found a couple of decent walk around pages, but would still appreciate a more detailed guide.

Anyway, the reason I'm responding to this thread is over the figures. Funny I had the opposite problem where I found one outfit that had the figures displayed with the model, only it was just the figures that were for sale, and I almost stepped in that pile. Last year the lady of my life gave me the KH AH-6/MH-6 kit as a present. Found out later that she had paid the cost of the kit that was supposed to be with figures, only that no figures were included (KH50003). Is it me, or is dealing with the various kit options from Kitty Hawk something of a mine field?