Kitty Hawk's new 1/35 MH-60L Blackhawk

Hawkwrench

A seller on eBay said that the kit does not come with figures. So if someone wants one with the figures just be careful about what you order. I personally want the version with the figures. Also on Amazon the picture of the kits box says that the figures are not included.

Dave

Edited by dustiepal

This eBay listing says that figures are not included and lists the kit number as KH50005.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kitty-Hawk-1-35-MH-60L-Blackhawk-KH50005/293029201877?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D56110%26meid%3Dcc37405aa755431384d00f5d9643b6d5%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D293029201877%26itm%3D293029201877&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A09b3a11e-56e4-11e9-8733-74dbd1807c67|parentrq%3Ae8b3f8e91690aada2764751cfffeb862|iid%3A1

KH50005 is also the only number that I’ve seen listed for the kit, as well as being the kit number shown in the Flory Models YouTube review, and the kit number listed on Amazon.  So, either the eBay seller is wrong about the kit not containing figures, or sellers are removing the resin figures, or the kit doesn’t normally include figures and Flory Models got a special boxing from KH that they will sell separately later on.

I guess we’ll have to wait for someone to get a production kit in hand to see what the deal is.  I ordered one from Amazon.  They say it will be in stock on 4/8, so also see if that’s true.  Amazon seems to have the best price, $100 and free prime shipping.

Edited by Dave Williams

1 hour ago, dustiepal said:

Both eBay and Amazon have photos of the boxes and both boxes say crew not included.

Dave

As I said, the only way to know is to get a production kit, and I’ve listed the various scenarios.  Everyone, including Flory Models, lists the kit number as 50005.  I have never seen any other kit number.  One would think if there really are two kits, one with and one without figures, KH would give them different kit numbers, or at least something like 50005A, to differentiate them.  Or, they would have a sticker or some marking like “first release, bonus crew figures included”.  If you can find a definitive way to make sure that the kit one buys does include the crew figures, please let us know.

Edit:  Should also point out that in the Flory Models review, at about 1:22 when the box top is shown, the box says “the crew are not included” along the top, yet they are included in the review.

Edited by Dave Williams

I’m thinking more and more that the figures do come with the kit, and that the boxtop is simply wrong.  They may have printed them up before they decided to include the figures.  At least that’s what I’m hoping.

Edited by Dave Williams

As a note for those interested, it’s been determined that the kit can not be built without the ESSS wings as KH did not include the fuselage parts that represent the wing stub covers, even though the main box art shows a Blackhawk without the ESSS wings.  This means that none of the decal options can be built from the kit as none of the Gothic Serpent MH-60Ls carried the wings.  KH has been made aware of this on FB, and the correct parts do exist, but it’s unknown at this time how this will be fixed, especially for the kits already ordered or in the distribution pipeline.

People may want to consider holding off on getting the kit until it’s fixed, unless you want to build with the ESSS wings.  FYI.

Can't wait for the naval versions - the kit looks great so far, but I have said it already and I'll say it again, it's incredibly annoying they've provided incorrect recessed rivets in most areas. The raised rivets are extremely important for a realistic weathering, so it'll be necessary to spend money and huge amounts if time to apply raised rivet decals.

1 hour ago, ziggyfoos said:

Regarding the figures again, I got my kit in today from amazon, it does not have any figures. Curiously though it includes the paper guide though for them at the bottom of the box.

Same for me.  Strange that it includes the instruction sheet.  You would think that they’d leave the instructions out if they weren’t going to include the figures.  Although I really don’t care about the figures personally, it’s disappointing they were featured in reviews without indicating they might or not be included.  Plus, there doesn’t seem to be anyway to tell when buying the kit sight unseen whether it comes with figures or not, unless the seller explicitly says so.  It’s been suggested on FB that distributors choose whether to buy the figures or not, but I’m not sure that the boxes are in any way labeled different or have a different kit number between those with or without the figures, so I’m not sure how the consumer is supposed to know.  Seems like a sticker on the box saying something like “figures included” would be helpful.

Edited by Dave Williams