New Beaufighter Resin Cockpit Set from Model Monkey!!!

On 3/29/2019 at 7:39 AM, wunwinglow said:

And?  Come on, a list, please. Can't just say that and walk off.....

What???   Sure I can.   It’s a nearly 50-year old kit.   Where do you expect it to be quality-wise?  If you take umbrage at my description of a model first released before I was born as a dog,  have at.   Call it Tamiya-like if you wish.    Simply my opinion (and yes, I built this ages ago).     

Maybe calling it a "dog" is a little unfair (though I have a dog and she is awesome so maybe that is a good name ha)

For a 50 year old kit I feel like they at least got the shape of the Beau captured pretty well and that is something that not even some much newer and far more expensive kits have right. I think it still has potential as a "canvas" to apply detail from scratch and aftermarket (now that there is some lol) to end up with a result that is gonna be respectable.

And right now if you want this a/c in 1/32 this is the only option; maybe a new kit will appear - it wouldn't stun me to see one in the next five years - but right now I don't think there is even a hint that any company plans one. For me the Beau has always been a favorite so I will be one who makes an attempt with the old kit with some upgrades now that we have something significant like the MM 'pit and maybe doing a rear station to boot...

56 minutes ago, John1 said:

What???  ...If you take umbrage at my description of a model first released before I was born as a dog... 

It was released after I was born as a dog. Well, year of, anyway.

Tony

22 hours ago, John1 said:

What???   Sure I can.   It’s a nearly 50-year old kit.   Where do you expect it to be quality-wise?  If you take umbrage at my description of a model first released before I was born as a dog,  have at.   Call it Tamiya-like if you wish.    Simply my opinion (and yes, I built this ages ago).     

I'd like a list of what you consider to make it a dog. If I stated that a Tamiya kit was a bag of snail slime, and then just left it without any justification, I bet you'd be cheesed off too. There are those here who might be prepared to sort out the issues, rather than just damn the kit and stalk off.... I'm not expecting it to be Tamiya-like. I'm expecting you to back up your assertion with some detail....

It isnt a bad fitting kit at all. The detail is seriously lacking, so I'd call it a simplefied kit. To me a dog of a kit is definitely one that doesnt fit well, and possibly is highly inaccurate as well.

In reality, the Lodela Beauf I have is neither if those things. IIRC, its actually fairly accurate in outline, and the fit is not bad at all. To me the only really PITA is the rescribe, but having done that prior, it's not that bad honestly. 

On 3/30/2019 at 9:47 AM, Dave T said:

Model Monkey, please can you do an RAAF Beaufighter sperry auto-pilot bulge for the nose please ?

I hope so!

The Sperry bulge is technically very difficult to design properly since it has to fit the Revell fuselage's complex curvature.  The bulge itself is easy.  The wonky mating surface curve on the bottom of the part is high adventure.  The finished product might require some adjustment by the modeler for best fit.  Maybe that's acceptable?

Thanks for the interest and encouragement!

29 minutes ago, Model_Monkey said:

I hope so!

The Sperry bulge is technically very difficult to design properly since it has to fit the Revell fuselage's complex curvature.  The bulge itself is easy.  The wonky mating surface curve on the bottom of the part is high adventure.  The finished product might require some adjustment by the modeler for best fit.  Maybe that's acceptable?

Thanks for the interest and encouragement!

Nothing that a little bit of epoxy putty cannot solve!