New Beaufighter Resin Cockpit Set from Model Monkey!!!

4 minutes ago, Reuben L. Hernandez said:

Found this over at Hyperscale:

https://www.model-monkey.com/aircraft-32

We've been all over it since early Feb. Gonna be a good one!  Plus, MM has indicated they may do the 12 deg tail planes and maybe even  torpedo too.

This has to be one of the top ten direct wish lists for so many of us.   I salute the Model Monkey and his willingness to venture to the inner LSP members “want list” and the willingness to make us happy.   Well done MM.

An amazing time we all live in.  

5 minutes ago, Troy Molitor said:

This has to be one of the top ten direct wish lists for so many of us.   I salute the Model Monkey and his willingness to venture to the inner LSP members “want list” and the willingness to make us happy.   Well done MM.

An amazing time we all live in.  

Well said!  While a bit pricey, the 3D technology makes it possible, and I think I speak for most of us when I say we generally dont mind paying for quality and the Beauf pit looks excellent indeed.

$55 for a cockpit that contains no throttles or levers, requires additional investment in airscale decals for the dials, has no radar operator parts whatsoever, will be visible only through a fairly small, thick and distorted cockpit canopy, has zero seatbelts represented, requires significant surgery to fit and then becomes part of a $25 kit that is approaching 50 years old, with raised panel lines that requires a great deal of work to bring up to date, dodgy exhausts, poor wheel wells, oversimplified engines, incorrect props and questionable canopies?!

Not sure it represents a sound investment, not unless you are absolutely screaming for a 1/32 Beaufighter.

And once you buy everything, somebody like HK, Tamiya, etc, will launch a new tooled kit, because that's sods law.

2 hours ago, STWilliams said:

$55 for a cockpit that contains no throttles or levers, requires additional investment in airscale decals for the dials, has no radar operator parts whatsoever, will be visible only through a fairly small, thick and distorted cockpit canopy, has zero seatbelts represented, requires significant surgery to fit and then becomes part of a $25 kit that is approaching 50 years old, with raised panel lines that requires a great deal of work to bring up to date, dodgy exhausts, poor wheel wells, oversimplified engines, incorrect props and questionable canopies?!

Not sure it represents a sound investment, not unless you are absolutely screaming for a 1/32 Beaufighter.

And once you buy everything, somebody like HK, Tamiya, etc, will launch a new tooled kit, because that's sods law.

1. But its a Beaufighter!

2. If we don't buy everything, HK or Tamiya (not holding my breathe on Tamiya) won't come out with one!

3. Its a bit more expensive because we are getting actual printed parts, not resin copies.

I couldn’t agree more ScanmanDan.   The set isn’t designed with the intentions it’s for everyone.  The set isn’t cheap because of the 3D conception, but it fills a void to many people that really like the old Revell offering and don’t mind a good go at improving an iconic  kit.   

In all honesty, I don't mind the cost. and work to get the old bird built.  Many of us have been waiting- how many decades -for a new issue by someone- but that ain't happening.  Besides the cost would probably be 200-300 dollars in cost. I'll do it this way.  Thanks Model Monkey.

I agree, the cost / production value of the 3D print you are getting here is not a resin copy, it's what they usually base some resin copies off of. The cost is the cost, the kit isnt for every modeler. Ill tell you what though, I've spent a LOT more to get a LOT less in the past. 

I m placing my order tomorrow.

11 hours ago, John1 said:

It’s gonna take a lot more than a nice cockpit to improve that old dog of a kit.   

I've had a set of Vector engines for years, Quickboost exhausts too, Aviaeology decals, and not much else, but a cockpit, and hopefully a few other bits, and it changes the game.

I built the kit about 800 years ago, slapped on black paint with a brush, I'm hoping next time out it'll be a wee bit better. 

I'm a Brit, it's a Beaufighter, I love that beautiful brute, it's a DNA thang! :wub: