Bill M.

Disposing of large plastic kit collection?

My experience with folks that buy "en masse", is that they really tend to offer only 20-30% of their resale value, perhaps a bit more, but if you've already made a comfortable arrangement, great for you.

3 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

My experience with folks that buy "en masse", is that they really tend to offer only 20-30% of their resale value, perhaps a bit more, but if you've already made a comfortable arrangement, great for you.

That has been my experience as well. However, that does appear to be the "going rate", and it would be unrealistic to expect much more than that, if you go that route. Even going the Ebay route, you would be lucky to get 40-50% of value, and you won't have to deal with all the hassles, fees, jerk buyers, and multiple PO runs. 

Posted (edited)

Profesional vendors won't give you top price.

Best is to attend a convention and sell them to real modellers.

Edited by Erwin

At the end of last year a large collection came up for sale. The owner had passed away and the family wanted it sold as a single lot.  They stopped counting at 11,000 kits which were mostly aircraft.  I looked at some of the inventory pics and was a bit stunned at what was there. 

The good news is my LHS was able to buy the collection. So hopefully we'll see it hit the market soon. 

Carl