Early 109 Conversion...

Mark P

• 2 months later...

Mark, the Alleycat sets are perfect for the Eduard E1. If you are mad about accuracy the nose should however be lengthened in its rear section. This is quite easy as far as you choose the best location to avoid the small side and upper vents where you saw. Adding 2mm may look overkill for a 1/32 kit unless when the discrepancy is located in a specific area and this is unfortunately the case here. Just look at the location of the rounded panel line on the lower side of the nose right in front of the wing root and you will understand what I mean. It is far too close to that wing root on the resin part in comparison with the full scale Jumo nose. I corrected mine in more or less two hours. I do not remember but have possibly a picture of the correction somewhere. 

DId the Alleycat D coversion some years ago - an absolute delight. I used the Eduard kit (as prescribed) and some years later I did a unmodified Eduard kit... it was actually easier to add the Alleycat nose than use the Eduard standard nose. That's how good it is. Highly recommended