New Acrylic paint line launched...

Jeff Herne

Hey folks,

My annual visit to the site to say hello.

I've launched a new line of acrylic paint colors called Scale Colors. Most of our current lineup is geared towards ship modelers, but I just added a bunch of new aircraft colors, so if anyone is interested, drop me a line, visit us on Facebook or MeWe (Scale Colors), or stop by our website scalecolors.com

At present we offer IJN Ame-Iro', researched and color matched in Japan.
USN Sea Blue, Intermediate Sea Blue, Blue-Gray, Dark and Light Gull Gray, Neutral Gray, and OD 613. All photo-spectometer and computer matched against actual samples.

If things begin to pick up, we'll be venturing into RAF and Luftwaffe colors, as well as modern colors.

Paint is airbrush-ready, thins with a 50-50 mix of IPA and distilled water, although we recommend using our thinner for superior leveling. It is extremely low odor. It's a hard-polymer acrylic, using a brand-new chemical formula. Once I get caught up I'll get some to Matt and Kev for review.

Corsair-scroll.jpg

Best wishes with the new paint line, I look forward to the reviews.

I definition of air-brush ready is that it doesn't need thinning. You seem to say that your paint needs to be thinned for use in an air-brush - is that correct?

44 minutes ago, DonH said:

I definition of air-brush ready is that it doesn't need thinning. You seem to say that your paint needs to be thinned for use in an air-brush - is that correct?

yup that's what i thought as well

some clarification is needed

I wish you all the best, but it seems all the world and his wife is launching paints (anyone that's anyone has already launched their pigments), so personally I am suffering from paint fatigue

get someone to review it against MRP would be my suggestion - that airbrushes straight out of bottle and is the best paint i have ever used by some margin

if it stacks up against MRP,  people will be interested

just my 2c and once again all the best

Nick

Beer as thinner...and here I just read about another beer that is formulated so it can be used as a photo developer.

Just kidding, Jeff! Congrats on you new paints. I am curious to see how they compare to Mission Models, it sounds they are very similar.

The paint is airbrush ready if you shoot with a .25 at 20psi, but, for those of us who spray with a .17 airbrush at 12psi, it will require additional thinning. Everyone is different....and although I run quite efficiently on beer, IPA in this instance is isopropyl alcohol.

We are an acrylic...MRP is a lacquer.

Mission Models is a poly. 

Entirely different sets of rules in spraying with each.

My goal initially was to fill a niche market - ship colors. I'm venturing into aircraft colors because I can. And as for everyone who has released pigments now releasing paint...I started Warpigs pigment line back in 2010, so yeah.

Yeah, its shipping that pretty much nixes every deal from the USA, the price ends up doubling in a lot of cases even when the item is small and light. Plus the usual will it get through customs lottery. I'd be interested in a total price for a bottle of the Age-Iro and Thinners. I think 1 Oz is the equivalent of about a 30ml bottle.