Another Felixstowe, (Just to keep the first one company).

Bradleygolding

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Progress is slow due to all the masking and running out of paint. No one in Adelaide or on mail order seems to have any Taymia Flat Red or Flat White! I have enough to do the top I think then might have to change brands and deal with the colour changes.

49843942166_11952beea2_c.jpg

Steve

19 minutes ago, Bradleygolding said:

Hi Folks,

Progress is slow due to all the masking and running out of paint. No one in Adelaide or on mail order seems to have any Taymia Flat Red or Flat White! I have enough to do the top I think then might have to change brands and deal with the colour changes.

Steve

Sealmodels in HK stock a huge selection of Tamiya paints, flat red being one of them and they ship to Australia:

http://www.sealmodel.com/product_details.php?category_id=86&item_id=1358

They are indeed very good and reliable, maybe you want to try them.

Lothar

• 11 months later...

So after all this work, where are you on the build now.  Masking and Painting the stripes is a real challenge:  I know I have been there but am passed.  I hope you have made some progress would like to see where you are now.  What you have thus far is truly outstanding.

Thanks for the kind words mgunns. The project is on the back burner at the moment while I learn to use an airbrush properly! There will be progress at some point.

Steve.

Edited by Bradleygolding

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2021 at 2:12 AM, Bradleygolding said:

Thanks for the kind words mgunns. The project is on the back burner at the moment while I learn to use an airbrush properly! There will be progress at some point.

Steve.

Looking forward to seeing  you pick this up again.  I admire all of your planning for the chevrons.  They ain't easy.

On 5/8/2021 at 5:12 AM, Bradleygolding said:

Steve.

Hi Steve, I am impressed at your progress. Yes using an airbrush is definitely a challenge and I admire your resolve to learn whilst building the Felixstowe. The best website and videos I have found on this subject are made by Paul Budzik:

https://paulbudzik.com/tools-techniques/Airbrushing/airbrushing_for_modelers.html

I have followed Paul B's advice for many a long year and it certainly helped my projects to come out better in terms of painting.

I have the Felixstowe and occasionally eye it in the corner of my stash thinking...'One day I'll get you I will!.....'. But first I am learning how to do rigging on smaller, less expensive projects.

So: A tip of the cap to you Sir!

Best regards,

Paul

Paul