Another Felixstowe, (Just to keep the first one company).

Bradleygolding

Well, I will probably buy an airbrush for the outside, although I remember seeing some footage of some wings being painted/doped at the factory in WW1 and the PC10/12 was hand painted straight onto the CDL, and not sprayed. There are some rather large areas to paint on this model though. Speaking of paints, I have most of the colours needed in Tamiya paints, the rest in Vallejo . Not sure if I like the Tamiya ones much, but really like the Vallejos. Wondering what clear coats people use with which paint?

Steve

I’ve done well with testors clears via sptay can over Vallejo. Just do light coats. Too heavy, or too soon after spraying vallejo and it will bubble up. Of course all the vallejo varnishes work but i like how the classic testors covers and is resistant to any weathering you do next.  When i use other paints like Brian does I stick to their clears specially. It’s best not to risk weird chemical reactions. Get youself a practice piece to work with is my best advice. Chris

A little bit more progress today. Mostly test fitting rather than glued as some of this requires rigging! Curious as to what cyno folks use for the rigging. I have some Zap but it's a few years old and does not seem to work that well. Also painting the IP. I started by painting the wood first and the the instrument bezels, but I don't like the result, and am thinking of painting the instruments first, then the wooden panel. Any thoughts?

46588874325_83f70510ea_c.jpg

Steve.

Thanks, I was looking at some form of liquid mask to work with the Acrylics, although some seem to work better with Vallejo and Tamiya than others. It's a great if rather complex kit. Actually beginning to quite enjoy it!

Steve

Edited by Bradleygolding

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...