JamesHatch

CMK sets for Italeri F-104

Hi,

Has anyone here experience of fitting the various CMK sets to Italeri's F-104G/S?

My plan is to put as much as I can into the plastic kit, but the instructions are sparse regarding fit, regarding thinning plastic etc.

Cheers,

Jim

Posted (edited)

I have all the sets, but need to know if there's anything unusual to expect along the way, or stuff that will make fitting them easier.

I don't mind getting my hands dirty, but a tight deadline means that to be forewarned etc...

Got to say they do look great. I have all the sets they make, including the engine, weapons bay, undercarriage, radar, avionics etc. 

Edited by JamesHatch

12 minutes ago, timvkampen said:

Brassin seats I am using for the TF-104G. No problems with fith. Little works of art.

Thanks Tim,

I am using the nozzle and wheels, but they always fit without persuasion. If there are any things to look out for with the CMK stuff, that would be a help. 

2 hours ago, JamesHatch said:

Hi,

Has anyone here experience of fitting the various CMK sets to Italeri's F-104G/S?

My plan is to put as much as I can into the plastic kit, but the instructions are sparse regarding fit, regarding thinning plastic etc.

Cheers,

Jim

No experience fitting just yet, but the S cockpit set has a "floor" which the real 104 does not have.

Ryan