Are Hasegawas Bf 109G-10 blades a good replacement for the Revell Erla kit

oyoy5

The Barracuda prop replacement looks very nice.

AMUR Reaver makes a prop set as well as a whole engine cowl replacement that I was very pleased with...

JTK-3615.jpg

And no discussion of 109 prop upgrades would be complete without mentioning Henri Daehne's resin masterpieces...

608641-16714-87-pristine.jpg

Here's a comparison of the prop blades from Henri Daehne (top), AMUR Reaver (Middle) and Revell (Bottom) when I built my G-10...

IMG_1086.jpg

1 hour ago, Thunnus said:

The Barracuda prop replacement looks very nice.

AMUR Reaver makes a prop set as well as a whole engine cowl replacement that I was very pleased with...

Here's a comparison of the prop blades from Henri Daehne (top), AMUR Reaver (Middle) and Revell (Bottom) when I built my G-10...

IMG_1086.jpg

Have to say that based on that picture, the Henri Daehne blades look nothing like the other two.  Looks more like a symmetrical blade than a paddle blade.  Comparing the Barracuda blade to the kit blade, it looks like the kit blade could easily be modified by just smoothing out the curve at the bottom of the blade.

3 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Have to say that based on that picture, the Henri Daehne blades look nothing like the other two.  Looks more like a symmetrical blade than a paddle blade.  Comparing the Barracuda blade to the kit blade, it looks like the kit blade could easily be modified by just smoothing out the curve at the bottom of the blade.

It looks the part with his accurate spinner fitted. I bought a set and wished I had the funds for more.

Tony 

AMUR replied to my email looks like the BF 109 conversions out of stock are done. 

Too bad bad as they were very well done. 

Glad I was able to get some a while ago. 

Paul C

Edited by Paul2660

I just received a reply from Alexey at AMUR Reaver:

Some of resin uprades definitely will be re-stocked, but I can not give you exact dates. I'm working now on some new conversions for Revell kit. There will be sets to convert G-6 model into G-6/14AS , G-10 Mtt and G-2/4 versions, so the props vill be also available. After that older kits will be re-stocked.

Looks like they are planning some new 109 stuff and re-stocking their older upgrades as well.

Glad to see you got a better answer than he gave me. 

I find it a bit strange however he gave me a one line sentence stating “No I will not” when I asked him about the previous 109 conversions. 

More are coming it seems eventually which is a good thing for sure. 

Paul C 

42 minutes ago, Paul2660 said:

Glad to see you got a better answer than he gave me. 

I find it a bit strange however he gave me a one line sentence stating “No I will not” when I asked him about the previous 109 conversions. 

More are coming it seems eventually which is a good thing for sure. 

Paul C 

That is strange.  Perhaps it was someone else at AMUR Reaver other than Alexey that replied to you?  But I do agree that them coming out with more 109 stuff is a good thing.  I personally would be interested in the G-10 Mtt or even the G-6/AS cowling.