1/48 Hasegawa Arado 234 "Blitz"-After 3 Years...Completed

mustang1989

Well fellas....It's finally come to an end. I started this kit over three years ago and ran into a lot of problematic areas with this kit. To say that this kit has now moved into #1 on my most difficult/ frustrating and sometimes angering build would simply be an understatement. It was so bad that I stepped away from aircraft building altogether for those 3 years. Some of it I brought on myself by making things more difficult than they needed to be and other areas were just plain ridiculous the way Hasegawa put this thing together. This kit is touted to be one of the best scale model representations of this iconic plane and on that point I'll agree once it's built. Getting there was the difficult part for me. Enough of that banter though. Thanks go out to all who followed, commented and helped out since its beginning.

After 3 long years my Arado is finally completed:

Finished cockpit photo

In progress cockpit photo:

aaaaaaaaand engine shots:

Thanks goes out to all who commented and looked in on this build. Modeling wise this was a big hurdle for me as it fought me all the way through the build. I'm really glad to be through with it because 1.) It's finally off of my bench and 2.) I'm fairly pleased with the outcome. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/30/2019 at 10:53 AM, mustang1989 said:

Thanks goes out to all who commented and looked in on this build. Modeling wise this was a big hurdle for me as it fought me all the way through the build. I'm really glad to be through with it because 1.) It's finally off of my bench and 2.) I'm fairly pleased with the outcome. 

You should definitely be pleased with the outcome!

It looks great!

• 2 months later...
On 9/6/2019 at 8:31 AM, curiouslysophie said:

Wonderful build of a beautiful aircraft! Happy to see more Arado’s up as I have the Fly kit I want to build at some point, and good to get inspiration!

Thank you. Ive never seen the Fly kit. May have to check that out.

On 9/6/2019 at 10:08 AM, Troy Molitor said:

Well done Joe.   Awesome efforts on this one.

Troy

Thank you Troy

• 4 weeks later...