1/48 Hasegawa Arado 234 "Blitz"-After 3 Years...Completed

mustang1989

On March 26, 2019 at 3:57 AM, Gazzas said:

Joe,

Nice choice!  Might I suggest Candy Apple Red with wide black racing stripes finely outlined in white?  Nothing to extravagant, mind you.

I will watch fer sure!

Gaz

Nice and may I suggest a matching camel color theme cockpit.  And remember to accessorize 

Thanks fellas. Camel color theme..........e5037457_zpsameexuws.gif.

The seat and seat belts have taken me longer than I have wanted but I've got it to a point that I think I can show some progress now. I have to pick out some aluminum details on the seat belts with a toothpick but here's a pick just to show some progress anyways. I still have the armrests to go on this bad boy so I aint finished with the construction of the seat yet.

001_zpsk7af9rzz.jpg

Pilots seat is done and installed. I'll be working on the back wall where the battery and other details are and working my way forward after I take care of the nose gear bay on the bottom side of this whole assembly. Here's the progress as of this morning though: ( The seat belts are actually dirtier than they look in the picture-here they look practically brand new....wow)

Ok gang I've got some pics I think are worth sharing so you guys know I'm still building an aircraft. lol . I decided to do before and after photos because just looking at it the cockpit at first doesn't really look like I've mad a lot of progress. There are a few items more however and yes....................it's been tedious.

This is where I left off:

and this is where I'm at now:

On 4/8/2019 at 5:21 PM, LSP_K2 said:

Looks great. You're aware that Fly also does the Arado in 1:32 scale?

Thanks Kevin. Yes sirree I know about that kit. I think that there's another one available too but the manufacturer escapes me  at the moment. There's no way I could build something like that because of my lack of display cases that big. lol! 

• 1 month later...
On 11. April 2019 at 10:38 PM, mustang1989 said:

Thanks Kevin. Yes sirree I know about that kit. I think that there's another one available too but the manufacturer escapes me  at the moment. There's no way I could build something like that because of my lack of display cases that big. lol! 

Joe, the only other one I know would be MDC's Ar 234. A full resin kit, designed by artist Radu Brinzan. Having seen both kits I tend to say Radu's is the better one, imho. I have got my hands on it, so, if you would be interested in details, you know where to find me! 

• 2 weeks later...