F-4J(UK) Phantom

Tez

This has been a long term project inspired by a photo I’d seen nearly 30 years ago! 

The Tamiya F-4J provided the basis for this project. Some aftermarket items were used, including GT intakes, Aires seats, Eduard external PE sets and Flightpath for the AIM-9 acquisition round. Decals were from various sources. The squadron nose marking and crew names were custom made. Safety and rescue markings were created using homemade stencils (Silouhette Portrait Cutter). 

Paints came from MRP.

regards

Andrew

Mrf1n4F.jpg

LeFlkao.jpg

acs9RHP.jpg

D2O0FXR.jpg

4GMwl96.jpg

15 minutes ago, Babs said:

Very nice, I like this version of the F-4.
There was a decals sheet from Yellowhammer to make the ZE355 with a Tiger on the nose.
Without doubt, become rare.

Yes, I have the sheet but it does have its short comings. I did use the nose markings initially but accidentally pulled one off when masking. In some ways it was a good thing because the colours aren’t quite right, particularly those used on the tigers head. In fact the only items that I used from the Yellowhammer sheet were the fin flash, Tigers head and code letter on the tail. The rest were from the spares box or painted on.

Edited by Tez

30 minutes ago, JAWS said:

Nice Build!

I'm curious about the paints used, details?

Thank you, I used MRP for the camouflage - superb paints. For the main upper fuselage RLM 76 was used - The remaining colours were FS 36270 for the inner wing (although this was lightened) and for the lower surfaces FS 36440.

regards

Andrew

5 hours ago, crobinsonh said:

Best UK F-4J I have seen. Congratulations on a great build and finish.

Thank you, it’s certainly taken sometime to do it, but I’m pleased with the result. Hoping HK will bring out an FG.1/FGR2.