New WNW kits!

Dave Williams

11 minutes ago, DannyVM said:

No need to. WNW bring's indeed great quality, i have 11 WNW kit's and they are all jewels on their own, but they all have one thing in common, they are all well known subjects. I'm very glad CSM released the Nieuport and by the look's it is a great kit, not WNW quality i known, but still very nice and i'm glad to that. Hopefully CSM will release more well known subjects like the Spad's and many more still uncovered subjects. We all know that we don't have to rely on WNW, the go to other roads for now, hopefully they turn back. Still i'm glad for those who like these big models and have room to put them, if i had room for them hell, i would be owner of several Felixstowe's, but sadly, i don't have any room to put these suckers anywhere.

Still no matter if you like them or not, once it's finished they look just like art, an i think that's what count's isn't.

I agree totally, except I am very happy for CSM to stick to 1/48 and leave WNW to release at some stage French aircraft including Spad VIIs and VIII.

20 hours ago, monthebiff said:

True, but give them a chance and all will be good in future releases.  Let's be honest and as much as I love them WnW are actually not Tamiya quality. Discuss this thought maybe?

Regards. Andy

I have to agree with 19squadron on this; I see WNW as every bit the equal to Tamiya, and even superior in some ways.

23 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I have to agree with 19squadron on this; I see WNW as every bit the equal to Tamiya, and even superior in some ways.

The reason I say WnW are not at Tamiya levels in my own opinion is the overall fit and quality of moulding is at a lower level of in . The ridiculous tight fit even with no paint just makes hard work of a wonderful kit sometimes, just wish they would engineer in a bit of tolerance for fit and the thought of closing up the WnW Lanc fuselage should be interesting at best. Then move on to quality of clear parts and WnW are pretty horrible from the kits I have built with quite thick parts with plenty of strange blemishes in when they catch the light, so with a big large greenhouse canopy  on the Lanc I am very intrigued to see if they can pull it off. 

Currently building the Halberstadt and for a brand new kit the mould quality was a bit of a surprise with the amount of clean up required for a premium priced kit. Personally I think the last couple of releases have suffered in this way in way the older kits did not. Maybe it's a sign of the times and some cost cutting exercises are in play with them?

Anyway, I have the G.I on order and looking forward to cracking on with it, ugly but cool at the same time.

Regards. Andy

On 3/23/2019 at 3:55 PM, 19squadron said:

I have 8 Gotha G.IVs and will buy at least 4 G.1s and probably two UWD and with each than WNW for doing all the research and bringing out these kits but not just that to bringing all, even those who will not buy or build these kits to at least some knowledge of and the history of these two aircraft.!

What will you do with your 14 Gotha kits?

There is a significant upside to both of these new kits.  With the odd wing layout and the fuselage above the lower wing, you don’t have a wing running across the top of your cockpit.  So when you build this and display it the areas where you spend the most time, cockpit and gunners stations will have very little to disrupt the view.  The other thing is that if you build this and take it to any hobby show, this will get lot’s of attention as very few people have ever heard of these two Gotha variants.  

Lot’s of times we do tons of work with it all hidden after.  In this case your work is going to have pretty good visibility.  You can cover up the engines and not spend much time on those, then focus on all that nice wood and so on in the main fuselage.  

18 minutes ago, cbk57 said:

There is a significant upside to both of these new kits.  With the odd wing layout and the fuselage above the lower wing, you don’t have a wing running across the top of your cockpit.  So when you build this and display it the areas where you spend the most time, cockpit and gunners stations will have very little to disrupt the view.  The other thing is that if you build this and take it to any hobby show, this will get lot’s of attention as very few people have ever heard of these two Gotha variants.  

Lot’s of times we do tons of work with it all hidden after.  In this case your work is going to have pretty good visibility.  You can cover up the engines and not spend much time on those, then focus on all that nice wood and so on in the main fuselage.  

I think they are brilliant releases - Swept wings on a WW1 bomber and seaplane? fantastic shape1 But more so historically very important as forerunners of the Blitz Bombers of 1916 and 1940.