New WNW kits!

Dave Williams

3 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

I salute the two or three that will actually build the Gotha UWD.  I also congratulate the dozen or more that will collect the kit.  But I would rather have rejoiced with the thousands that would have enjoyed a Spad or a Dr.1 offering.   

The ugly winged device thing (UWD) is about as interesting as looking at an A380 sitting on a ramp somewhere.  Nice looking brown color, eh?  You couldn’t polish this thing enough to make it remotely interesting.     

yup maybe only a handful will be made but many more will end in the stash. 

Oh well, just gives Copper State a chance to bring a SPAD/Dr1 out. 

1 hour ago, Pup7309 said:

Couldn't agree more. Again, WNW releases very strange objects. Very good for the lovers but to me zero interest, way to much modern stuff will be released this year........Mirage 2000D/N, Fouga Magister.......oh yeah.....:punk:

6 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

I salute the two or three that will actually build the Gotha UWD.  I also congratulate the dozen or more that will collect the kit.  But I would rather have rejoiced with the thousands that would have enjoyed a Spad or a Dr.1 offering.   

The ugly winged device thing (UWD) is about as interesting as looking at an A380 sitting on a ramp somewhere.  Nice looking brown color, eh?  You couldn’t polish this thing enough to make it remotely interesting.     

I have 8 Gotha G.IVs and will buy at least 4 G.1s and probably two UWD and with each than WNW for doing all the research and bringing out these kits but not just that to bringing all, even those who will not buy or build these kits to at least some knowledge of and the history of these two aircraft.!

2 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Yes but Copper State do not bring the same quality - just look at the quality of the wing tape moulding on a CSM Nieuport by comparison to any WNW.

7 hours ago, 19squadron said:

Yes but Copper State do not bring the same quality - just look at the quality of the wing tape moulding on a CSM Nieuport by comparison to any WNW.

True, but give them a chance and all will be good in future releases.  Let's be honest and as much as I love them WnW are actually not Tamiya quality. Discuss this thought maybe?

Regards. Andy

10 hours ago, DannyVM said:

Couldn't agree more. Again, WNW releases very strange objects. Very good for the lovers but to me zero interest, way to much modern stuff will be released this year........Mirage 2000D/N, Fouga Magister.......oh yeah.....:punk:

Yes, this was a release for the WW1 aircraft 'connoisseur'    

10 hours ago, 19squadron said:

I have 8 Gotha G.IVs and will buy at least 4 G.1s and probably two UWD and with each than WNW for doing all the research and bringing out these kits but not just that to bringing all, even those who will not buy or build these kits to at least some knowledge of and the history of these two aircraft.!

Wow, you must be a fan of the Gotha!

18 hours ago, 19squadron said:

No need to. WNW bring's indeed great quality, i have 11 WNW kit's and they are all jewels on their own, but they all have one thing in common, they are all well known subjects. I'm very glad CSM released the Nieuport and by the look's it is a great kit, not WNW quality i known, but still very nice and i'm glad to that. Hopefully CSM will release more well known subjects like the Spad's and many more still uncovered subjects. We all know that we don't have to rely on WNW, the go to other roads for now, hopefully they turn back. Still i'm glad for those who like these big models and have room to put them, if i had room for them hell, i would be owner of several Felixstowe's, but sadly, i don't have any room to put these suckers anywhere.

Still no matter if you like them or not, once it's finished they look just like art, an i think that's what count's isn't.

11 hours ago, monthebiff said:

True, but give them a chance and all will be good in future releases.  Let's be honest and as much as I love them WnW are actually not Tamiya quality. Discuss this thought maybe?

Regards. Andy

Andy

I agree that the Tamiya 1/32 kits are very very good, but I do not agree that they are the equal of WNW in any regard except for the engineering and fit of the kits. In that respect, Tamiya have always been the best, and WNW have had Tamiya as an example to meet and match, which WNW now do without any doubt. However, in terms of surface detail execution, accuracy and research WNW are way ahead of Tamiya. As an example - rib tape. The WNW rib tape on all their aircraft is exquisitely done and very very well researched and accurate to type. By comparison, Tamiya rib tape [for instance their Mk IXc , Mk VIII Spitfire,  F4U etc]  have very heavy and clumsy rib tape on the rudder, which to me looks awful when compared to a real aircraft. There are research issues with detail and shape too - for instance on Tamiya's new 1/48th Spitfire Mk1a [a forerunner for a 1/32 kit?] they have made very odd and incorrect hot air extraction ducts under the wings, - they are asymmetrical in the kit which is wrong, etc etc.

More than that WNW's research and sensational effort to produce a stressed skin effect with their forthcoming Lancs will I have no doubt make all other 1/32 kits from all other manufacturers including Tamiya look like yesterdays efforts, in the same way that tooling for recessed panel lines did to kits with raised panel lines. WNW have an unrivalled commitment to historically accurate and truly sensational tooling and models that have absolutely no equal - including Tamiya in my opinion.

Edited by 19squadron