New WNW kits!

Dave Williams

These two kits are insane, only WNW could pull these off and sell them.  They look wonderful but I would have like to see a new WWI fighter plane.  I am happy for those who will buy and build these but i don't think they are for me.  

We have had an extensive discussion about whether WNW is at the end of the line, and please don't think for a minute that I believe they are paying attention to us in that regard, but this is to me is a statement release.  This feels to me like WNW is saying we can design models to the highest standard, make them big amazing and beautiful and buyers will come.  

Edited by cbk57

"should be being flown by Dick Dastardly. & Muttley"    :lol: Loved that,although we have dated ourselves.

Can't wait to see some builds here on LSP...a bit on the "too large size" for me .  Still....very exciting to see WNW's still cranking out probably the absolute best aircraft kits to be found.

2 hours ago, cbk57 said:

These two kits are insane, only WNW could pull these off and sell them.  They look wonderful but I would have like to see a new WWI fighter plane.  I am happy for those who will buy and build these but i don't think they are for me.  

We have had an extensive discussion about whether WNW is at the end of the line, and please don't think for a minute that I believe they are paying attention to us in that regard, but this is to me is a statement release.  This feels to me like WNW is saying we can design models to the highest standard, make them big amazing and beautiful and buyers will come.  

WNW in general, and this new pair of kits specifically, shout, pretty loudly, just how far quality will carry a manufacturer.

I keep harping on it, but there really aren't a lot of high quality manufacturers knocking out large scale airplane kits for whatever reason, and LSP builders have dealt with this for so long they are used to it and accept it.

WNW has shown that if you get just about every last detail right, modelers will come pounding on your door, no matter the subject matter.  There is a real lesson there for other manufacturers to note.  But is anyone listening?

Copper State Models, for one, seems to be!  Good for them.

11 hours ago, Scotsman said:

Am I the only one who thinks that the the Gotha UWD should be being flown by Dick Dasterdly. & Mutley . seriously - that's a real aircraft?.. 

I know my lack of interest in anything pre 1939 is fairly profound .. but that's just tipped the scales from ordinary  into weird.. and as a brit I know something about weird things with wings!

Seriously , I know how much Wingnut has changed the the landscape for  WW1 modelling ,  and how they have turned what was a niche interest into something that dominates Large scale modelling  these days  ,And those of you with an interest in this area really have never had it so good, and I'm so pleased for  you ..

But now can I Please have a 1/32 Vampire/Swift/Blenheim/Beaufort/Buccaneer/Sea Vixen.. etc

Please!!!

I think that design is a bit too far out in left field even for them!

:rofl:

dick-dastardly-muttley-stop-piegon_1_e05

Edited by ringleheim

That's mine on pre order, just the G.I though.

This is turning out to be a BIG year from WnW with all of these big multi engined kits and not a sniff of this release until this morning, Not bad for a firm that is supposedly about done if you read certain other threads on here!!

Roll on the next 10 years I say.

Regards. Andy

47 minutes ago, ringleheim said:

I think that design is a bit too far out in left field even for them!

:rofl:

dick-dastardly-muttley-stop-piegon_1_e05

Hmm....

5 cylinder (spinner mounted) radial with a 6 cylinder exhaust system.

I'm not sure this machine existed.

Ryan

13 hours ago, cbk57 said:

Couldn't agree more CBK.

Yes, I think they wanted to make a statement and surprise everyone for their 10th Anniversary

Not sure of how long a kit takes from conception to when it's released but they might have had it in the pipeline for a while.

After all these bomber (WW1 and 2) releases it could be some fighter releases are next, but who knows.

On another thread, people were hoping for more French or Italian types. Guess they will have to wait a bit longer...

For me, it's a definite maybe. Id only ever seen a photo of this one front on and passed it over.  But seeing it in 3D makes it more interesting. 66 cm isn't too bad compared to other bomber spans but it's still going to take up some room if you build it.

Well done and thanks again WNW!

Edited by Pup7309

I salute the two or three that will actually build the Gotha UWD.  I also congratulate the dozen or more that will collect the kit.  But I would rather have rejoiced with the thousands that would have enjoyed a Spad or a Dr.1 offering.   

The ugly winged device thing (UWD) is about as interesting as looking at an A380 sitting on a ramp somewhere.  Nice looking brown color, eh?  You couldn’t polish this thing enough to make it remotely interesting.