New WNW kits!

Dave Williams

This is easily on my very short list of most interesting WNW kits to date.  It's gotta be Top 3.  

Totally cool, with a nearly 25" wingspan...and we don't even have to wait that long...

I'll be buying and working on of these the moment they are available.

What a crazy design!  It's like a "reverse" biplane.  Instead of attaching engines and a second wing on top of the airplane, they kind of hung the second wing and engines under the airplane. 

:o

I love it though!

This reminds me a lot of the Handley Page Heyford. That and the other strange 1930's biplanes that no one would ever make into a kit. Surprise, surprise, now we have one. It just confirms the fact that WNW will do something more outrageous than we can ever expect.

They only made a single UWD, as far as WIkipedia can tell us, and there were few of the G.1 planes built. I guess I am most disappointed that it wasn't sold off to the the Ukrainian, Latvian, Lithuanian or Georgian air forces so I could make it with some interesting insignia. (Which I shouldn't really let stop me).

Thank you WNW for some interesting releases. Maybe like the much later Gotha (229) a single prototype will cause a large market for the kit. You never can tell.

Tnarg

Am I the only one who thinks that the the Gotha UWD should be being flown by Dick Dasterdly. & Mutley . seriously - that's a real aircraft?.. 

I know my lack of interest in anything pre 1939 is fairly profound .. but that's just tipped the scales from ordinary  into weird.. and as a brit I know something about weird things with wings!

Seriously , I know how much Wingnut has changed the the landscape for  WW1 modelling ,  and how they have turned what was a niche interest into something that dominates Large scale modelling  these days  ,And those of you with an interest in this area really have never had it so good, and I'm so pleased for  you ..

But now can I Please have a 1/32 Vampire/Swift/Blenheim/Beaufort/Buccaneer/Sea Vixen.. etc

Please!!!

Edited by Scotsman
I'm an idiot

3 hours ago, Tnarg said:

This reminds me a lot of the Handley Page Heyford. ...

They only made a single UWD, as far as WIkipedia can tell us...

My first thought was of a Heyford.

The history on the WNW instructions confirms that there was only ever one built.

1 hour ago, Scotsman said:

Am I the only one who thinks that the the Gotha UWD should be being flown by Dick Dasterdly. & Mutley . seriously - that's a real aircraft?.. 

I know my lack of interest in anything pre 1939 is fairly profound .. but that's just tipped the scales from ordinary  into weird.. and as a brit I know something about weird things with wings!

But now can I Please have a 1/32 Vampire/Swift/Blenhim/Beaufort/Buccaneer/Sea Vixen.. etc

You're not the only one: that is so Dastardly & Mutley I started looking for a pigeon on the box art. :whistle:

I'll pass on the Beaufort, but absolutely yes to the rest, particularly if by "Vampire" you mean a Vampire/Venom series.

I'll also pass on these new Gothas, though, and carry on hoping for a 504.

1 hour ago, Scotsman said:

Edited by MikeC