Italeri F-86E Sabre in AMI service

Piero

Hello,

This is my Canadair CL-13 Sabre Mk.4 in the AMI “Aeronautica Militare Italiana” markings of the 4° Squadron “Aerobrigata” based at Pratica di Mare (Rome) around 1960.

HISTORY

Originally produced by North American, the italian Sabre were produced by Canadair and sold to the Royal Air Force. When the Hawker Hunter arrived in the RAF, around 180 Sabre, designed F-86E(M), where transferred to the AMI.

Within the AMI the Sabre was the first ever jet with swept wings and was used only in the air defence role.

THE KIT

The Sabre kit in 1/32nd was originally produced from Kinetic and reboxed by Italeri.

I don’t have the Hasegawa kit, but many modellers say that the Kinetic Sabre is a “copy” of the Hasegawa’s one with recessed panel lines…

Overall details are good, there is a nicve stressed skin effetc all around the fuselage and wings.

Panel lines are a little bit too deep.

As extra parts I’ve used Eduard PE sets for interior and exterior and a resin ejection seat from Avionix.

I’ve added some details as hydraulic pipes to the undecarriage bays and legs.

Paints are acrylics by Gunze and Tamiya range.

Squadron markings, serial numbers and stencils are from Tauro Models decal sheets.

A couple od RBF tags were added to finish the model.

And now the pictures!

CIAO!

Piero

cof

cof

sdr

cof

cof

sdr

sdr

sdr

cof