Spitfire MK Vc "Joker" 1:32

shadowmare

Thanks guys!

1 hour ago, Fanes said:

Awesome Spitfire wit a nice and dirty finish!
How was the fit of the Hasegawa parts?

I'm planning a conversion from Mk.II to one of the Malta Vc, too.

Thanks. Unfortunately it wasn't good, you need to add putty and grind to make it look right. Hasegawa canopy needs a modification too. Fuselage under must be reshaped. So i think that much better option its just to buy Tamiya Spit or wait until somebody will have mercy and make this version.

1 hour ago, shadowmare said:

Thanks. Unfortunately it wasn't good, you need to add putty and grind to make it look right. Hasegawa canopy needs a modification too. Fuselage under must be reshaped. So i think that much better option its just to buy Tamiya Spit or wait until somebody will have mercy and make this version.

Hm, you got me thinking. hakcing up a 100€ kit for a conversion seems a little bit risky to me. Using the canopy from Revell's Mk.IXc kit may be easier than the adjusting the Hasegawa part?

I agree a decent Mk.Vb and c  is highly welcome!

4 hours ago, Fanes said:

Hm, you got me thinking. hakcing up a 100€ kit for a conversion seems a little bit risky to me. Using the canopy from Revell's Mk.IXc kit may be easier than the adjusting the Hasegawa part?

I agree a decent Mk.Vb and c  is highly welcome!

I meant that buying Tamiya Mk VIII or IX and build it from the box is better option, because converting is challenging. Revell MK IX canopy is better but you still need to buy Hasegawa (or HobbyBoss) if you want to have Vokes tropical filter. This is photo of my Vc on early stage of build, you can see new ammo cover bubbles, new panel lines, changed fuel tank cover and mentioned  modification of part of fuselage under canopy. Summarizing - lot of work is needed.

ydCuXUZ.jpg?3