Airfix 1/24 Mosquito - Made a start!

Gerhard

Hi  Guys, not sure if this is the right place, if not, mods please move. I made a start on the 1/24 Mosquito. Waiting for some cockpit goodies, so decided to start with the engines. I will get better pics up soon. 

Disclaimer: No airbrush was harmed in the making of this model.

20190316-094402.jpg

• LSP_Ray changed the title to Airfix 1/24 Mosquito - Made a start!

Woo Hoo…..another Airfix Mossie!

I will follow with much excitement and I know it will inspire me to forge on with my one!

Any questions or photos on the Mosquito or the kit, I will only be too pleased to answer.  However you will probably have pointers for me!

One thing I would recommend is run a spar through the wing along the front spar box.  The kits wing is too flat (not enough dihedral) and looks somewhat 'plank like'.  Also make the leading edge more pointier by adding a 1/2 round on the leading edge and back fill it with superglue.  Then you can sand it to a more accurate profile.  It wont affect the side cowls too much, nothing a little plastic card wont easily fix. Top it off with a 4mm x 0.10 thick weather strip along the top of the spars and you will have a much more accurate wing

IMHO these 3 simple 'tweaks' will greatly enhance the look of the finished model.  However I still have to say that with no tweaks at all, it is still impressive and 90% of people wont notice the change even if you don't do them

You MUST get the Barracuda wheels though, the kit ones are awful!

Right-O I will leave you alone

Cheers Anthony

• 2 weeks later...