Mitsubishi A6M2b Zero; 1/32 Tamiya

One-Oh-Four

Wow, great start to a great subject.

I built a model of this aircraft back in 2012.  

Really looking forward to watching your work progress. It makes an impressive model. There are some quirks with the instructions and suggested build sequence but they are easily overcome and it certainly builds into a great looking model. Have fun.

The pilot's name is different between our builds. I have forgotten the order but whatever name he gave when he was captured was not his real name. It wasn't until after the war that his real name was revealed through record searches. The pilot actually led the breakout from Cowra by blowing his bugle and then committed suicide inside the camp. Amazing stuff.

Hello Gentlemen,

Just to let you know I finally finished my A6M2 Tweak List and sent it off to Kevin. It took longer than I had expected as I kept finding new details that needed to be addressed. A lot of this dealt with the later Nakajima-built A6M2, although I did look at some Mitsubishi A6M2  issues as well.  I suspect I did some rivet counting at times but I hope the end result makes sense.

Ryan 

• 8 months later...
On 4/19/2019 at 7:29 PM, A6M said:

Hello Gentlemen,

Just to let you know I finally finished my A6M2 Tweak List and sent it off to Kevin. It took longer than I had expected as I kept finding new details that needed to be addressed. A lot of this dealt with the later Nakajima-built A6M2, although I did look at some Mitsubishi A6M2  issues as well.  I suspect I did some rivet counting at times but I hope the end result makes sense.

Ryan 

Hello Ryan

I already have your tweak list for the A6M5 but I am really interested in the one for the A6M2. I have that kit still in the box and want it to be a Nakajima bird...mainly because I like the color better. Is this list available here already?

Found the list...or shall we say the "masters diploma"! Thanks a lot for the hard work.

thanks

Uwe

PS: Just also learned by reading here that Nakajima never built the A6M3? If that is so I have to de tour my little Hasegawa 48scale test bed and convert it to an A6M2...since it is already painted up in AC-J17...

Edited by anj4de
new info