seiran01

Christchurch shootings

It's very very sad what happened in Christchurch, and i'm trying to feel the sorrow for all involved, but "lone-wolves" like this individual WILL always hit at the most inconspicuous places possible, just because of THAT effect......it can happen anywhere, the world has indeed gone mad you might say, but even if it's a sign of "the time", this terrible event has been happening before in other circumstances......it just shows how inconsiderate we are growing to be on others, their beliefs, convictions, ways of living, you name it........and modern ways of communication isn't really helping in "cooling down" the initial reactions on things, if you know what i mean........

just my two P's

Jack

1 hour ago, Allok said:

Unbelievable. But very real. I don't think NZ has had an incident of this nature before, so no-one is really sure what to do. 

You have to carry on as normal as possible, it was extremely strange to say the least, to see armed police on the streets of Manchester after the atrocity of 2018, and it still is when seen on the odd occasions recently, it's when things such as these become the norm that we've lost.

Posted (edited)

Atrocious act of violence .

Our world is full of diversity and only takes a few to annihilate the Peace We come to know.

To MY fellow Muslims MY Duas and prayers go out to your families and loved ones... May all those (49) killed see Jannat and let them rest in Peace. To be annihilated on a HOLY DAY is surely despicable as it is at any given time or moment whether in Christchurch or anywhere else in the World.

MY Aunt lives in Christchurch , not far from one of the mosques but  this Holy Friday(called Jummah) she didn't attend ..she was unwell.

Thank you Almighty.:wub:

And GOD BLESS all of you and all of us ...WE know how to live in Peace and harmony regardless of our differences..which makes us come together..and unique.

Edited by MARU5137

So sad to hear about this yesterday.  My heart goes out to all the families that lost loved ones in Christchurch on a day of worship.  So, so tragic.

I met up with a fellow country man last night to enjoy a few cold beverage after a long week of work.   This particular topic of discussion dominated the conversation last night.  In some strange way it’s embarrassing to feel numb to these acts of hatred /violence that is even more puzzling.   It happens far too often now all around the world.  Getting numb to these tragic events is depressing.    it’s happening way too often and it’s becoming almost normal in a sick way.   There are walking timebombs among us with serious mental illness.   A lot of easy access to weapons.  Social  media that seems to love posting these sick events.   Video games of violence that seem to make this all acceptable in some sick way.  Don’t forget the news channels that love to blame their opposing side immediately.   A sad day for New Zealand and we’re all connected in some strange way when moments of carnage and hatred spew into our lives.  This needs to stop.  

I pray this will end soon for everyone’s own sanity.    

Thinking and praying for all those who have lost loved ones, a terrible event.

The only thing that will beat the awful people who do this is to remember those who have lost their lives with dignity and respect and not let the fear and hatred of the terrorists who carried out this atrocity change us. 

Echoing comments about social media, why would anyone want to share such images? 

Posted (edited)

The really sad part for me is two fold - at it’s fundamental core Islam is a religion of peace, tolerance and compassion and they were specifically targeted. Secondly, the people who commited this atrocity want to destroy all we as a species have acheived - in many societies we have established communities of people who regardless of their race, religion, color and orientation live peacefully and prosperously together - side by side. We need to remain unified in our acceptance of others, and to maintain the communal bonds that bind all of us together. The minute we begin to break those bonds - the threads of our common societies will begin to unravel propelling us into tribalism and segregation... and there are many more places/levels that follow. It would be a tragedy of unmeasurable magnitude and we would all loose in the end if we allow our differences to define us. Rather, embrace diversity in all it’s forms - in the end, it is our diversity and the plethora of vibrancy that makes us stronger as a species, not our differences. Greet your neighbour, ask questions and educate yourself about the finer points that elude you about others and their story - and lastly, never surrender your right to independent critical thought... 

Cheers

Alan

Edited by alaninaustria

Posted (edited)

Well said Alan!  Years ago I had dinner out with some other fathers after my daughters “father/daughter” dance in her elementary school.  One of the dads was Muslim. I had a great eye opening experience that night from our conversation.  I can tolerate and accept just about anyone but a drunk redneck. And I’m sure I’ve been called that a few times in my youth! :whistle:

Edited by ScottsGT

Just shows that hate isn't exclusive to one nationality, religion, race, demographic, etc.   Need to keep this in mind when those factors are drummed up for political reasons.  

What happened yesterday in NZ was heartbreaking.   

An Australian, in New Zealand, complaining about immigrants....  Let that one sink in.

Hopefully everyone on here from the Christchurch area has been able to get in contact with friends and family to confirm that everyone is safe.

This happened just down the road from my place and two blocks from where my parents live. I felt absolutely sick when I heard about it. (I'm currently travelling in the US.) This has nothing to do with violent videogames or mental illness as suggested above but I won't say more knowing that politics are verboten here.

Some great input but I am going to lock this thread now. Many if not most members come here as a place to numb the bad news of the outside world and escape it for a break not chat about them.

Our sincere condolences to those affected.