AlanG

Probably a basic 109 Question

I’ve been picking up Hasegawa/Revell K-4s and G-10s when I find them at attractive prices to use as the basis of G-6/AS and G-14/AS projects.  The latter in particular has some schemes I like and while there is some work to do, it’s easier than scratchbuilding the streamlined cowl bulges, for me at least.  I’m practicing on some cheap 1/72 examples first though.

My main problem is lack of funds. Whilst that is a great idea, i cannot 'waste' money on buying a kit just to cut it to bits for the nose and throw the rest away. Joys of being in a low paid job. I'd rather be able to buy an AM conversion and that way i'd know i'm not destroying a kit i worked hard for to buy.

But thanks for the advice though. Nice to know that there are other options out there.

Oh I have no intention of cutting off the nose.  I plan to use most of the airframe of the G-10 or K-4.  The other changes are relatively minor and seemed much easier than chopping up two kits.

Alan G , as stated before, the G5/AS build is your roadmap. 

You'll need to buy a Bf109 g10, either Revel or Hasegawa, and so long as you can put small wheel bulges and a tall tail on it the rest is in the link provided.
Good luck.

Posted (edited)

Just to update this thread. Fencer-1 over on Britmodeller replied to my comment about the new AMUR G6/AS conversion and he is hoping for it to become available in June. Yay!

Edited by AlanG

I wouldn’t start with the Revell G-10 as the Erla version had a different fairing shape on the port side and it’s not really like the other manufacturers’ designs.  Hasegawa is a better starting point (Revell’s reboxing of the K-4 is also an option).