Revell 1/32 F4U-1 Corsair

BradG

8 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Brings back memories. Built this back in the 70's. The outline still holds up, even though the details are so far behind the new Tamiya kit.

It sure does.Must have been about 15 years old.

Very impressive with those folding wings. Untill they broke off.:(

Looking for faults here, didn't do too bad, just a couple of areas to fix up.

04ZHjmq.jpg?1

Formation lights were a poor fit so I had to slather them with gel super glue and sand it all down.

8rLjNxh.jpg?1

After working it over with some 2000 grit sand paper, I think I'm almost ready to start with the paint.

rjRbhQ2.jpg

Alright, onto my favourite part, the paint. Now I'm doing one of the camouflaged El Salvadoran aircraft of the 100 hours, or Soccer War. I am lacking bomb racks and rocket rails, but oh well.

First up was the undersurface that got an appropriate light grey colour.

Amhy24y.jpg

I decided to put her on her gear to make things easier to paint. Also attached the windscreen. By the looks of it, the undercarriage was dark blue, probably not repainted from when the aircraft was bought.

RhCf0Xs.jpg

So I went nuts with the camo. The base is dark green, with olive drab to break it up, black green mottle and light grey green larger mottle. I'm happy with it.

cMfUQTk.jpg?2

A pic of the real thing that I'm going for. I believe this picture was taken several years after the conflict.

zF52nHs.jpg