Revell Bug

Mark M

ok next episode in this saga!

at first i thought it was me... but after 2hrs!! yes 2hrs trying to install 2 pieces i come to the conclusion my modelling skills arnt that bad

pieces R19, 20 are the inner exterior intakes,, this is where they fit naturally

IMG_4187-M.jpg

look at that gap!

you have to warm and twist the plastic to sit in the proper place on the exterior (thank god for EMA plastic weld!!)

IMG_4184-M.jpg

however this leaves a hell of a gap on the interior, but this is actually correct as the instructions tell you to fill the gap

can you see all the other seems ive had to pull slightly apart to get this done

IMG_4185-M.jpg

so after that monumental battle, the sides come next

and guess what?

IMG_4188-M.jpg

im telling you this kit will send me to a loony bin!!

on investigation, this bit fouls the side on BOTH sides and has to have the top section trimmed back

IMG_4189-M.jpg

and now she fits

well near as damn it

IMG_4190-M.jpg

more soon if i can take the stress

3 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I'm not convinced its a turd yet, please continue Mark.

I agree the end result may look no different...............I mainly was thinking about buildability and how much of a PITA the manu makes any one kit to put together. 

ok here we are again

so whats changed, well not much the fit is stall appalling

The ECS? vents are ment to be a drop in piece, however they dont, you have to remove a chunk to get them to sit flush, then still the fit isnt great and will need a small amount of filler to sort it

i have no idea how accurate these are by the way

IMG_4191-M.jpg

IMG_4192-M.jpg

next was time to fit the shoulders and the inner wings, if im totally honest, the fit isnt as bad as id expected it, you have to treat it like the old airfix Buccaneer and glue 3 inches, clamp, then move on and repeat the process

IMG_4194-M.jpg
IMG_4195-M.jpg

the green around the gear doors, is mainly to tidy up, ive never found a kit yet where the gear doors fit properly

there is a small gap on both sides that needs filling but considering the rest of the kit, that's nothing

IMG_4193-M.jpg