Revell Bug

Mark M

so i got bored with sanding and for a break i decided to add the outer wings

in this process you have to build the wing fold mechanism, for wings out  you build it flat, for folded at 90deg easy!!

worng!!!!, well they build easy however when inserted into the opening they are too long 

this is how they come

IMG_5500-M.jpg

and this is how they SHOULD fit

IMG_5501-M.jpg

you have to take, about 5mm off the length, i did try both sides and its the same

IMG_5502-M.jpg

anyway moving on

so when you add the outer wings (each needs to be checked for flash, seems as there is 0% tollerance), you then put a cover on the fold, but it wont fit!! the fold mechanism is too big and fouls this

so out with the dremmel

IMG_5504-M.jpg

then at least the cover goes flat, even though it leaves a gap

IMG_5503-M.jpg

i have to say my mojo is struggling with this build

2 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Think of it this way Mark..............

You may have a very rare model when done; possibly one of only a handful of Revell Bugs built to completion ever

if i ever complete it

1 hour ago, modelingbob said:

Please don't bin it like my buddy did. I'd like to see someone actually finish this kit. But this does sound like some sort of S&M experience (if you're into that sort of thing!!!!). :P

It does feel like some sort of scale modeling torture exercise. 

1 minute ago, ade rowlands said:

You're a better man than me. I'd have built a steam catapult to launch the bloody thing off of my now. Probably launch it straight at a brick wall too.

If it ever does come to that, I find the good ol foot stomp on hard concrete or tile woks best for me. Something very satisfying about stomping the living @&*#! out of a model that has given you nothing but problems. 

Did it with one of my HK B-25 canopies Id worked forever on to cut out a window, only to get to the last stages of polishing it and crack it. Was very therapeutic.