Revell Bug

Mark M

21 minutes ago, VladHVAC said:

yes....i would imagine the fit of the vertical tails will make you bin it. That is where i stopped my build 

I was going for gear down 

My review is on youtube. I'm the guy that everyone hates because of the potty mouth

I do apoligize for the video quality. I have upraded my equipment and am learning. 

What is your YouTube handle? 

not done much as i started nights today (thats where i am now :ph34r: )

but i did get to check the pilot / seat and yes as per suggestion, its too big, ive had to trim the bottom off it

now, ive been thinking, i think the whole cockpit, is too high, on the inside of the cockpit body there are guides for placement, i think the issues is these are too high, i did notice a gap between the bottom of the fuselage and the gear well, but as nothing else fit i didnt think about it

if these 'guides' are wrong it would explain / rectify the whole cockpit area, too late for me as its all buttoned up but may help the next person, foolish enough to build this

so ive finished nights and im back at the bench

so nose cone on, and yep youve guessed it more filler needed

IMG_5491-M.jpg

now i was praying the tail fin fit was good, so they could be painted and decaled and then added later at the end of the build....... ill let you judge for yourselves

IMG_5492-M.jpg

IMG_5493-M.jpg
IMG_5494-M.jpg

do you ink ill get away with it?  :BANGHEAD2:

Edited by Mark M

Good grief! What were Revell thinking when they released this kit? Did no-one try it first to see if it actually fitted?

I was thinking about getting one just for the challenge, but this is way too much of a challenge for me. I admire your tenacity, please don't bin it, we will all give a mighty cheer when you finish it.

11 hours ago, DonH said:

Good grief! What were Revell thinking when they released this kit? Did no-one try it first to see if it actually fitted?

Someone had to have at least tried to build it; otherwise, how would they know what to mark up in the instructions to cut here, or file here, or remove this or that to make it "fit"?