Revell Bug

Mark M

cheers guys, im not the best modeler in the world and funds are limited, so when i spent this much money on a kit i have to keep going

interestingly for my forum we get review samples from RoG like the Bell x-1 i reviewed the other day, however RoG arnt releasing this to reviewers, this is the first time in at least 10 years revell have said no to reviews of a kit. I think they already know how bad it is

Almost seems like this was started at some point in the design of the kit, then dropped an taken over by a different "team" and they forged on making corrections in the instructions to correct things they knew didnt fit in the actual kit, instead of redesigning the molds. 

as it stands i think they should withdraw the kit from the shelves

there is no way someone without much experience could build this out of the box, i think ive taken the easy option of in flight, looking at the gear bay and the gear itself, i dont think it will build at all, i did have a 'play' before i closed the gear doors, there were so many bits fouling each other.

i have a contact via the revell reviews and i will be speaking to him when the build is complete, ill link the thread aswell

On 3/19/2019 at 6:53 AM, Mark M said:

guys i do have to put the disclaimer it may be me...... :(

but i dont think im that bad :hmmm:

Heh, heh, heh, I told ya so!!!! :rolleyes:

It's not you, it's the kit. Everywhere you ran into problems, my buddy (who ended up throwing it in the trash) had the exact same issues you did. I only know two people who have tried building this turd, and you both are having the exact same issues. Personally, I was on the fence about buying this kit, and now I'm no longer on the fence. No way Jose, life's too short to deal with that POS. 

thanks for the replies

ok so bearing in mind i needed to remove the rear of the cockpit, i thought id try the front glazing

so what do you know, it sticks up 5mm and if you press it down it splays and will break

so .... you need to remove the top of the front wall as well by at least 5mm, i just hacked mine off with sprue cutters

this 

hfu-S.jpg

to this

DSCF4823-M.jpg

so once installed this is the profile

DSCF4824-M.jpg

All these obvious negative aspects of the kit  from its buildability to its accuracy to overall fit, are  NO reflection of your work here Mark, you are indeed doing a wonderful job here with what appears to be very little (well engineered) to work with 

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

All these obvious negative aspects of the kit  from its buildability to its accuracy to overall fit, are  NO reflection of your work here Mark, you are indeed doing a wonderful job here with what appears to be very little (well engineered) to work with 

Yes, you are definitely doing a great job with what you were dealt. I rarely give up on a kit completely, but seeing what you are going through is inspiring, as I don’t know if I would have finished it. Keep up the good work, I really want to see the finished product.

5 hours ago, VladHVAC said:

I've built this kit and had the same issues. Check you ejection seat fits under the canopy. I think i had to trim the base of mine so the glass would close. 

This is the worst new tool kit i've seen in a long time

Is there anything else I should know?

Did you build it gear up or down? 

yes....i would imagine the fit of the vertical tails will make you bin it. That is where i stopped my build 

I was going for gear down 

My review is on youtube. I'm the guy that everyone hates because of the potty mouth

I do apoligize for the video quality. I have upraded my equipment and am learning.