Revell Bug

Mark M

ok moving on

next you start the cockpit section, tbh im worried about the fit to the main body, so im going to test fit every thing before i paint the tub

so

the wheel well has a fair amount of detail , however as mines in flight you wont see this

IMG_4197-M.jpg
IMG_4196-M.jpg

so i decided to have a test fit and im pleasantly surprised, there looks to be a few bits to fill and sand but not much fingers crossed

IMG_4198-M.jpg

IMG_4199-M.jpg

IMG_4200-M.jpg

IMG_4201-M.jpg

now while im test fitting this far, i thought id include shots that everyone is talking about

now im no expert, im using the mk1 eyeball compared to photos

and it does look a little flat from some angles but not that much in my opinion. However fixing it would not be as simple as some have suggested, the flattest point there i think it would need correcting, actually leads into the canopy, so you would need a new canopy as well, i cant currently take a photo with the canopy inplace as the are soaking in Klear

IMG_4202-M.jpg
IMG_4203-M.jpg

IMG_4204-M.jpg
IMG_4206-M.jpg

anyway food for thought..

Eeesh, ok.

Interesting problem then, forces the modeler to let it go or try and putty and sand right next to a presumably finished pit.

Or i guess you could template and fit a thin piece of card to cover.

Not nice.

32 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

I just dont get whey they made assembly SO complex. It seems to me there could be innumerable other ways of doing it, and most would seem less complex and less work. 

It's a joke there is no tolerance anywhere so 1 slight twist or raised injector pin mark and the whole thing is out of alignment 

ok not much of an update as ive been stuck at work for days but here goes

cockpit fits together reasonably, as mine will be inflight the addittion of a Pilot for the Acaademy (thanks mate) minus his legs was added, the seat and deacls are from the kit

IMG_4208-M.jpg

IMG_4209-M.jpg

now the issue, this kit has the option for wheels up, and i know there is a slight step / gap down the side of the gear door but not this much

IMG_4207-M.jpg

so before i go on a mass filling and sanding spree, i thought id install the nose

and it didnt fit at all..... (sadly i forgot to take photos)

but its not as bad as it seems, the whole thing is obstructed by the rear wall of the cockpit tub, you need to remove 3mm from the top and each of the corners, as per the photo (everything above the blue lines)

IMG_4213-L.jpg

IMG_4210-M.jpg

once that is done it all snaps in place pretty well, the seam in the side wall, would be noticed on a static build and would need either filling and sanding or a insert made, however in flight with a pilot it cant be seen

sadly when you turn her over.... a chasm appears on either side, more filler please!

IMG_4212-M.jpg