Tamiya F-16C conversion to F-16A

Durangokid

30 minutes ago, Marcel111 said:

That would be far too straightforward for you, Ben :D... although 3D printing the A cockpit should provide you with a bit of tickle ;)

Well, I would not consider building one of these on the same quality level as you and Bryan 'easy' - it's a challenge for sure. I'll probably do the splintered Marines N one day in the future... or I'll try at least! 

4 hours ago, Starfighter said:

Well, I would not consider building one of these on the same quality level as you and Bryan 'easy' - it's a challenge for sure. I'll probably do the splintered Marines N one day in the future... or I'll try at least! 

Oh I would love to see that!

• 3 weeks later...

This is a small update while I'm waiting for a few parts to show up but I really wanted to post this.  I was fairly happy with the way the canopy came out especially considering the disaster I had to deal with.  I say fairly happy but not totally happy, as I'm sure most of you can relate.  I was going though one of my drawers where I keep all my polishes when I found a bottle of MR. Polymer coating hiding in the back.  I had this stuff forever but never had any idea how to use it.  As most of you know, Gunze doesn't put their directions in english on most of their stuff and I couldn't find anything online.  Anyway, I decided to give it a shot and applied it like you would a wax.  I comes with a cloth so I used that to polish it off.  It came out amazing!  I think the canopy looks better than it did before it got messed up. I sand my canopies and use Tamiya's progressive waxes before a future dip.  I don't think the future would have been necessary if I had used this stuff.

It is really difficult to photograph but hopefully you can see what I'm talking about.  The photos really don't do it justice though.

poJQhIFWj

pnk3ntWLj

plcNdFkij

ponBgwbNj

poUvti7Vj

I'm really excited about this stuff, hopefully it help some of you guys with your clear parts...

Bryan