timvkampen

Any Tamiya 1/32 rumours?

18 minutes ago, Mikester said:

1/32 P-38....from a reliable source.

It's the Walther P-38 and it's in 1/35 scale for a Wehrmacht figures set.

The Lockheed one would be pretty cool, but isn't the Trumpeter Lightning supposed to be quite convincing and a good build ?

Tony 

10 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

If you mean in 1/32, I don’t know. I’ve done a TON of research on the aircraft, including almost 3000 photos of four existing Bs,Cs, and Ks if you know a company that is interested 

i wouldn t mind in 1/24 too!,but a good 32nd is ok-since you mentioned,would you mind sending me some pics in case i build one in the future?

20 hours ago, CATCplSlade said:

I could understand if it was an airframe which no longer existed and the companies were in no mood to listen to griping about accuracy if they just released any old kit to shut people up, but there are still plenty of A-26's to crawl around in and measure.

there far to many frames around even in flying cond,we even have a modif K here in Greece!,can t do wrong in accuracy,and the last restored K (the...Special one)is spot on,there are also 2-3 more examples relatively(or very) accuratelly restored,i think it s from the easiest to find details

2 hours ago, Tony T said:

Too big for Tamiya. More of a HK Models type of project. The Americans really need to start a model company to make their favourite LSPs, or lobby the Chinese. 

I can say the same thing about the SAAB J.35 Draken series. It's about time a European company such as Revell did it in 1/32. Waaaay overdue. FLY, at least, are releasing the quite peculiar but welcomed Tunnan, and Italeri are apparently making a new tool PANAVIA Tornado. ICM are the heroes right now: Gloster Gladiator. 

Shizuoka is the big reveal, seeing if there'll be anything other than motorbikes and R/C stuff under the Tamiya mystery shroud. 

I'm also hoping Hasegawa might soon add another indigenous 1/32 prop to its range. 

Tony 

how much bigger than Mosquito?!

1 hour ago, hayaman said:

how much bigger than Mosquito?!

The A-26 doesn't tick any of the Tamiya boxes. They haven't done one in 1/48 scale, which seems to be a filter factor for WW2 prop subjects. 

The Mosquito was fairly compact as well as offering a host of new FB and NF subvariants, though some are betting on a B.IV bomber with new nose parts and V-shaped wndshield, which would be nice if it also came with cameras for a PR.IV. 

Of course, that's all flawed logic. If Tamiya want to do a Sturmovik they will. However, 1/48 is designed to fit with the military miniatures (tracked and wheeled creepy crawlies) series, whereas there's nothing comparable in 1/32, so an F-35J is just as likely.

Tony 

10 minutes ago, Tony T said:

The A-26 doesn't tick any of the Tamiya boxes. They haven't done one in 1/48 scale, which seems to be a filter factor for WW2 prop subjects. 

The Mosquito was fairly compact as well as offering a host of new FB and NF subvariants, though some are betting on a B.IV bomber with new nose parts and V-shaped wndshield, which would be nice if it also came with cameras for a PR.IV. 

Of course, that's all flawed logic. If Tamiya want to do a Sturmovik they will. However, 1/48 is designed to fit with the military miniatures (tracked and wheeled creepy crawlies) series, whereas there's nothing comparable in 1/32, so an F-35J is just as likely.

Tony 

agree,mind you though 1/35s fit quite well with 32nds

3 hours ago, Tony T said:

It's the Walther P-38 and it's in 1/35 scale for a Wehrmacht figures set.

The Lockheed one would be pretty cool, but isn't the Trumpeter Lightning supposed to be quite convincing and a good build ?

Tony 

Having built the Trumpeter kit, I would say no to both.

5 hours ago, Tony T said:

....The Americans really need to start a model company to make their favourite LSPs, or lobby the Chinese. 

///

Tony 

Trust me IF I had the money I would start my own model company. The problem is labor here would be way to expensive to be viable for very long. Kit prices would be too high for most to recover the cost in a reasonable time. 

4 hours ago, Mikester said:

1/32 P-38....from a reliable source.

4 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Dont tell Big Tim that! 

Tim reads that he will have to change his shorts!

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

Trust me IF I had the money I would start my own model company. The problem is labor here would be way to expensive to be viable for very long. Kit prices would be too high for most to recover the cost in a reasonable time. 

You do the design work in the US, you outsource the manufacturing to China. That's what practically every other model kit company does, including the likes of WNW.

Edited by vince14

8 hours ago, Juggernut said:

Having built the Trumpeter kit, I would say no... 

A pity. The P-38's a nice looking plane.

Some nicely priced old Trumpy Jugs if Tamiya doesn't offer any retail therapy this year...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/dawngrocerystore/Trumpeter-1-32-Aircraft/_i.html?_storecat=3658423018

Those, and the forthcoming Revell Me 262 A-1a. Anything powered by paraffin or a mix of old oil and schnapps appeals. 

Tony

Edited by Tony T
activate link