Any Tamiya 1/32 rumours?

timvkampen

Remember that the Mk IX, VIII & XVI Merlins have two stage superchargers. It probably wouldn't take much to tool a new supercharger housing for the earlier Merlin in a Hurricane.

TRF.

Thinking overnight, of course the Mosquito has single stage Merlins so Tamiya has the engines covered. Just need to build a new kit around 'em.

Edited by fastterry
additional info

On 8/22/2020 at 11:34 AM, Jennings Heilig said:

Given that 2/3 of the year is now over and there's been no announcement, I'd say that's a 100% certainty.

I agree, but the readers of this thread seem to think or hope a new release is coming soon.  Also Tamiya probably will still have a few more new releases this year in other subjects as before covid there was traditionally a late season show that they would have some new kits for.  I am fairly certain they have always announced their all new LSP's in the spring at the May show or earlier.  

I would like to see the Phantom kits revisited with an inlet insert to match the trunking, and correctly proportioned jet cans. 

They could also do the Falcon launch rails etc for an "original JASDF version" and/or a sprue with some Kai bits for "JASDF Kai version", or an F-4D with the post 566/580 mod squarer rear radarscope etc etc. They have done minor revisits to the Tomcat and Strike Eagle, so why don't they do this? Is it some kind of Tamiya fetish, freezing things in time? 

There was talk of the Pacific Coast moulds getting repopped in Czechia. I'm after a Griffon Spitfire. Anyone know if this might happen? I know I'll never see one from Tamiya. 

Tony 

Reading this thread would lead one to believe this was a stash acquisition forum, rather than a modelling forum. Having said that, I don't have the time or energy to start from page 1. I'm in my seventies, and I doubt I'd survive that long.

If this thread were an animal, it would have been shot long, long ago, to save it suffering further. If it were WNW related, it would have been shut-down after 4 pages for "speculation" and "duplication".

1 hour ago, STWilliams said:

Reading this thread would lead one to believe this was a stash acquisition forum, rather than a modelling forum. Having said that, I don't have the time or energy to start from page 1. I'm in my seventies, and I doubt I'd survive that long.

If this thread were an animal, it would have been shot long, long ago, to save it suffering further. If it were WNW related, it would have been shut-down after 4 pages for "speculation" and "duplication".

To save you time: Tamiya won’t bring out something obscure despite people’s wishes. They will release what they want when they want. There are no rumours and no releases on the horizon. The conversation is about ‘what I would like Tamiya to bring out or what they might bring out.’ 

34 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

The conversation is about ‘what I would like Tamiya to bring out or what they might bring out.’ 

To be fair, that’s how these threads always go.  Even in a thread about Tamiya actually announcing a kit of X, there will be people saying they should have released a kit of Y instead.

2 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

To be fair, that’s how these threads always go.  Even in a thread about Tamiya actually announcing a kit of X, there will be people saying they should have released a kit of Y instead.

True. Some threads go on, like you mentioned some get cut

5 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

True. Some threads go on, like you mentioned some get cut

Apples and oranges. The WNW threads (there were several) quickly digressed into name calling, insults, argumentative nasty posts and even to some degree, politics, over what at the time was seen by the staff to be pure unsubstantiated conjecture and hearsay to begin with, much (most) of which wasn't confirmed at the time. On the other hand, Tamiya seems to be a very stable entity, with a very long history, and given their usual overall high level of quality, pondering when and what their next big airplane kit might be, seems a quite natural topic for this site.