Any Tamiya 1/32 rumours?

timvkampen

13 hours ago, DonH said:

I doubt Tamiya will release anything in 1/32 ever again. But, if they do, 80% of us will go "Yay, uuuuhhhhh" and realise it's not the kit we wanted and then we can have this (actually quite entertaining) debate again for a few years.

They will buy the Lancaster designs and tooling from WNW and release the kits. How's that for a great idea?

I sincerely hope the WNW Lancaster does not become the Eldorado of large scale models. The HK kit looks very nice apart from being sparse in the cockpit area and the pilot’s seat being off but I guess I just want to see what the WNW tooling would have given us. I had my wife already to buy it me for Christmas too....go on Tamiya, splash the cash!

Tamiya are going to re-release the F-4J with the correct intakes, nozzles and scale 5.7 inch-wide NLG wheels (or probably not).

WnW will release a Griffon Spitfire (or probably not)

Tap 'n' app, smak in the crack, isolation-insulation, fluttering flag, guilty swag, bish bash bosh and lots of nosh

Tony  

On 4/29/2020 at 4:24 AM, Archimedes said:

I sincerely hope the WNW Lancaster does not become the Eldorado of large scale models. The HK kit looks very nice apart from being sparse in the cockpit area and the pilot’s seat being off but I guess I just want to see what the WNW tooling would have given us. I had my wife already to buy it me for Christmas too....go on Tamiya, splash the cash!

don't give up on WNW. They may enter into BDH

Not a rumour but more of a wish. I wish Tamiya would start putting decent decals in their kits. I have yet to build one with good decals. I'm building an Eduard Mig-21 Weekend kit with their own decals and they are wonderful. Why can't Tamiya do that?

4 hours ago, AlbertD said:

Not a rumour but more of a wish. I wish Tamiya would start putting decent decals in their kits. I have yet to build one with good decals. I'm building an Eduard Mig-21 Weekend kit with their own decals and they are wonderful. Why can't Tamiya do that?

Fully agree with you. Even on most recent kit, decals are a let down compared to the overall kit quality.

I just noticed on my Spit that both fuselage RAF roundels are cracking in the white area all around the red center... I built it just 10 yrs ago...

I think Eduard has the decals printed by Cartograph.

Edited by discus

9 hours ago, AlbertD said:

Great point.  I've never used any kit decals due to them being waaay too thick.   Given what you pay for their kits, you would think they could improve this area. 

On 5/5/2020 at 3:33 AM, AlbertD said:

Agreed but I would also suggest putting proper colour call-outs on their instructions with FS/RLM/BS etc codes or even just a proper colour name so we can identify it.

1 hour ago, Stokey Pete said:

I recently saw a man with a Tamiya badge, and a  ruler, crawling over a Viggen. 
You want rumours......:evil_laugh:

A 1/32 Viggen?

Hell, I'd take a punt on a Starfix one, let alone a Tamiya!

2 hours ago, Stokey Pete said:

I recently saw a man with a Tamiya badge, and a  ruler, crawling over a Viggen. 
You want rumours......:evil_laugh:

At Newark air museum, or in your dreams? 

Would be nice in titchy scale but sublime in 1/32 — I'd even brave the masking required for that geometric dapple of greens & tan.

Tony