Any Tamiya 1/32 rumours?

timvkampen

Well I have all of the various marks of Hasegawa 109's, a couple of Revell's, a Dragon & some Eduard E's in 1/32 as well as all of the 1/24 Trumpeter 109's and I would buy a Tamiya 109 in a heart beat. If they designed the tooling right they could start off with an F and go from there.

TRF

1 hour ago, LSP_Ray said:

They kitted the D.520 in 1/48th: https://www.scalemates.com/kits/tamiya-61048-dewoitine-d520--122416

Sturmovik is certainly WWII, 520 was a 1940 machine. So I guess I don’t understand your comment. You are right, though, I dont know of any WWI or inter-war models by Tamiya.

There are no WWI aircraft by Tamiya.  As far as interwar you could only really claim a couple, the Spitfire MK I could be done as right before war really started and maybe the Swordfish is arguably a prewar design and existed prior to the start of WWII.  Those are the only two I can think of that really have a shot at being pre WWII in their aircraft range.  They have some WWI armor or at least one kit and a figure set.  Some armor kits that were certainly in place prewar.

Tamiya has not really been all that adventurous in their aircraft releases.  Even when you look at their 1/48 and 1/72 catalog most are main stream subjects, lots of Mustangs, Zeros, and German aircraft in their.  Mostly WWII with some post war. 

5 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

They kitted the D.520 in 1/48th: https://www.scalemates.com/kits/tamiya-61048-dewoitine-d520--122416

Sturmovik is certainly WWII, 520 was a 1940 machine. So I guess I don’t understand your comment. You are right, though, I dont know of any WWI or inter-war models by Tamiya.

Pre-WWII mean 'before World War 2'. Both the D.520 and Shturmovik entered service during WWII.

Tamiya doesn't make kits of aircraft that were not in use either during or after World War 2.

I doubt Tamiya will release anything in 1/32 ever again. But, if they do, 80% of us will go "Yay, uuuuhhhhh" and realise it's not the kit we wanted and then we can have this (actually quite entertaining) debate again for a few years.

They will buy the Lancaster designs and tooling from WNW and release the kits. How's that for a great idea?