Any Tamiya 1/32 rumours?

timvkampen

29 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

By the way, should I remind that Tamiya has just released another 1/32 kit... :whistle:

Changing the P to an F pretty much sums it all up

Tony 

15 minutes ago, John1 said:

Not really.   It’s about the same as going from the F4U-1A to the 1D.  

I wasn't talking about aircraft designations!  

But that's good news — it means Tamiya's 1/32 isn't all dead trousers.

Tony

6 hours ago, Peter Browne said:

Well I'll take the pure business line and suggest that Tamiya will keep to it's current formula of multiple versions for each aircraft.  So, we have currently in the Tamiya 1/32 line-up of repeat offerings:

F-4 x 5

F-14 x  2

F-15 x 2

F-16 x 2

Mitshubishi Zero x 4

Spitfire x 3

P-51 x 3

F4U Corsair x 3

Some updates, although I’m not sure how some are counted.  There were:

3x F-14 releases:  Original, 1994, Black Knights

4x F-15 releases:  C, J, original E, E w/ bunker buster

Not sure how to get to four Zeros.  I only know of 3: A6M5, A6M2, and A6M5 w/ real sound

4x Mustang releases:  D, silver plated D, D/K, and F-51D

Edited by Dave Williams

17 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

And still no Mosquito B.IV :(

Amen. I'd like a blue PR.4 to go with the silver FB.VI (and a grey/green NF.XIX to go with both).

A bit like wanting three pints of everlasting Guinness

Tony 

I don’t know what happens with subsequent Mosquito releases.  I am betting it was not as successful of a release as the other 1/32 kits.  It could have been hurt by HK releasing other versions around the same time so the market for 1/32 Mosquito and people that would buy them was nearly saturated by the time Tamiya got their kit out.  I have one to build, it is an amazing kit.  I have another build in front of it but hope to get it this year.

I don’t think that the existence of the HK Mosquito kits would have much impact on the sales of a Tamiya B.IV, if they choose to release one.  The HK kits have a few issues, and there will always be people out there who will pay for Tamiya fit and quality.  One question is whether Tamiya has actually cut the molds for the bomber version.  If not, then maybe sales of the FB weren’t good enough to spend the money on the molding.  If they do already have the molds for the bomber, there seems little reason not to release it since some sales are better than no sales.

Right now may not be the best time for companies to invest in new kits, though.  We’re still seeing new kits, but most of them were pretty much done and ready to go when all of this started.

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

I don’t think that the existence of the HK Mosquito kits would have much impact on the sales of a Tamiya B.IV, if they choose to release one.  The HK kits have a few issues, and there will always be people out there who will pay for Tamiya fit and quality.  One question is whether Tamiya has actually cut the molds for the bomber version.  If not, then maybe sales of the FB weren’t good enough to spend the money on the molding.  If they do already have the molds for the bomber, there seems little reason not to release it since some sales are better than no sales.

Right now may not be the best time for companies to invest in new kits, though.  We’re still seeing new kits, but most of them were pretty much done and ready to go when all of this started.

Tamiya did include some early version Mosquito parts in the FB.VI kit so they obviously had plans to do other versions.    If they didn’t want to incur the more significant cost for a bomber, they could opt for a less involved Strike Wing Mossie (just rockets and larger tanks) or one of the early night fighters with the original Merlin engines (just a new radar nose and some cockpit bits). 

Edited by John1

Well, Tamiya are going WWII again in 1/32, because that's what they like.

Spitfire - UK WWII fighter;

Corsair - US WWII fighter;

Mustang - US WWII fighter;

Mossie - UK WWII bomber;

Zero - Japan WWII fighter;

So, two big countries excluded;

Soviet Union;

Germany.

I can't see Tamiya going Soviet - just not well known by most people, even now, with no obvious reboxings in the future 

Logically, that leaves a German fighter or small twin as possibilities, especially as those subjects seem to have an almost compulsory effect upon modellers purchase plans.

So, I'm going to forecast a Bristol Beaufighter.

You're welcome.

14 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Koolhoven Fk.58.  No question about it.  It's the only one that makes sense.

If you're a Dutch fan of early, rubbish WWII aircraft, that managed to end the war with zero confirmed kill, 100% agree.

Your niche has finally arrived.

The other 99.9999999999% of the population, maybe not so much.

9 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

If you're a Dutch fan of early, rubbish WWII aircraft, that managed to end the war with zero confirmed kill, 100% agree.

Why does the subject have to kill, kill or kill?  You blood-bath lozenge-obsessed WW1 hunting obsessives rigging inbetween drycleaning your pinks. 

Horsey time anybody :wicked:

Tony the robot 

27 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

an exception to your rule of rubbish is the Fokker G.1...now that would be something in 1/32...the forerunner of the P-38 in certain aspects (although that was pure fighter (Pursuit) of course)

As I was wrong not considering the F-51 a new tool kit the next all-new release has to be a Singapore Air Force F-15SG still requiring aftermarket resin nozzles and other corrective bits.

yeah, I'd buy.

Tony