Any Tamiya 1/32 rumours?

timvkampen

17 hours ago, thunderbolt1988 said:

Well my guess on the scale of this P-38 Nose is that it's 32nd scale....removable panel on the starboard side of nose,smaller one on the port...extremely detailed.

Don't believe Tamiya would be offering super thin nose panels in 48th...  Hope I'm right.

Edited by williamj

15 minutes ago, williamj said:

Well my guess on the scale of this P-38 Nose is that it's 32nd scale....removable panel on the starboard side of nose,smaller one on the port...extremely detailed.

Don't believe Tamiya would be offering super thin nose panels in 48th...  Hope I'm right.

I think there is merit in what you are saying. First, I don’t think it is 1/72. More likely 1/48 or 1/32. As to the measurements of the sprue and part number, I wouldn’t be surprised to learn those were added to throw us off. Remember, having this screen shot on open display was deliberate— this could not have been an accident. Kind of Tamiya’s way of announcing a new kit for the Shizuoka show where they had no formal LSP announcement. And as has been stated, I am sure the Tamiya folks are finding amusement in our reactions to their planted hint. 

So does this indicate something is coming? My guess is yes, a P-38 is coming from Tamiya. Will it be 1/72, 1/48 or 1/32 scale? I don’t think it’s 1/72 because of its level of detail. The sprue information means nothing. That is likely an bogus add-on to throw us off.  Is it 1/48 or 1/32? Maybe it’s wishful thinking on my part, but I would go with 1/32 scale. I’m just thinking that there have been good 1/48 P-38’s, but a good P-38 in 1/32 scale is sorely needed. Those are my thoughts on this...

Bill M.

1 hour ago, Bill M. said:

I think there is merit in what you are saying. First, I don’t think it is 1/72. More likely 1/48 or 1/32. As to the measurements of the sprue and part number, I wouldn’t be surprised to learn those were added to throw us off. Remember, having this screen shot on open display was deliberate— this could not have been an accident. Kind of Tamiya’s way of announcing a new kit for the Shizuoka show where they had no formal LSP announcement. And as has been stated, I am sure the Tamiya folks are finding amusement in our reactions to their planted hint. 

So does this indicate something is coming? My guess is yes, a P-38 is coming from Tamiya. Will it be 1/72, 1/48 or 1/32 scale? I don’t think it’s 1/72 because of its level of detail. The sprue information means nothing. That is likely an bogus add-on to throw us off.  Is it 1/48 or 1/32? Maybe it’s wishful thinking on my part, but I would go with 1/32 scale. I’m just thinking that there have been good 1/48 P-38’s, but a good P-38 in 1/32 scale is sorely needed. Those are my thoughts on this...

Bill M.

Right. The assumption I addressed a priori was that the part number size would need to be believable based on prior standards. The assumption could be false, for a variety of reasons. 

The math says 1/72 based on the measurements, but yes, there could be an element of deception here. Your points about the removable bay cover suggesting a level of detail that is much more in line with 1/32 vs 1/72 are well-taken. I agree with you that it would be highly unusual to see that level of detail in a 1/72nd scale kit. 

My fingers are crossed right along with yours. 

Edited by thunderbolt1988

1 hour ago, Bill M. said:

Bill M.

I agree..never seen sprue gates that looked like that even in 48th.

Im not sure Id read too much into any of this stuff atm gents.  Tamiya is very aware that monitor and picture were there, and there is really zero way of getting any discernible proof of what they are doing from it. 

Me? If it is a new tool P-38 I can only hope that its 32nd. Do I think it is from the way things in general have been going lately including Shizuoka?  No, no I do not. 

12 minutes ago, williamj said:

Too much negativity here.    You just might have to eat that unicorn Ron.:D

How bout this..............

Im nearly all positive its not an LSP.    :lol:  

This is one instance where I will be one of the happiest dudes on the planet to be wrong!