Any Tamiya 1/32 rumours?

timvkampen

Personally, I would not hold my breath for a new Tamiya LSP this year. Just a gut feeling from the way all previous new Tamiya LSPs were brought to the attn of the public. 

There is always a chance I suppose, but Id say its very unlikely the way Tamiya has been going lately. 

34 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Personally, I would not hold my breath for a new Tamiya LSP this year. Just a gut feeling from the way all previous new Tamiya LSPs were brought to the attn of the public. 

There is always a chance I suppose, but Id say its very unlikely the way Tamiya has been going lately. 

I agree 100%.  Shizuoka is where they release something big.  If there is nothing here we are not likely to get something this years.

1 hour ago, DonH said:

Don't be so pessimistic. The only reason Tamiya have not announced a new 1/32 aircraft is because it's not quite ready. It will be announced next month. Or the month after.

Maybe in three months, or more.

I wan’t to politely say your line of thought is highly unrealistic and just sets expectations that won’t come about.  If there is nothing here, Tamiya just does not drop something at random with major kits.  It is time to move on and look at what was of interest to any of us announced at this show.  There may be a 1/32 from Tamiya someday but probably not in 2019 at this point.  The good news is there is no shortage of great kits out there.

3 hours ago, cbk57 said:

Really in plastic there is nothing that is all new as the Hummel is a variant of an existing kit.  

As someone who knows their armour, that is just not correct.

The Nashorn and Hummel are both based on the Pz IV chassis, but there significant differences in the fighting compartment, the gun itself etc.

I do share your sentiments, however - basically nothing at all in 1/32 (or larger) aircraft, and in 1/35 armour a what I am sure will be a buildable kit, but where the DML kit is still the benchmark.

Edited by nmayhew

2 hours ago, Andreas Beck said:

There are rumours of an Allison Mustang on track-link.com which are perpetuated on BM. No scale given.

I saw that as well.  I can believe Tamiya would do that in 1/48.  I don't see them doing it in 1/32 though.

On 5/9/2019 at 8:42 AM, cbk57 said:

I wan’t to politely say your line of thought is highly unrealistic and just sets expectations that won’t come about.  If there is nothing here, Tamiya just does not drop something at random with major kits.  It is time to move on and look at what was of interest to any of us announced at this show.  There may be a 1/32 from Tamiya someday but probably not in 2019 at this point.  The good news is there is no shortage of great kits out there.

I think he was being facetious.

The bottom line is, you don't know. No one here knows.

17 hours ago, Andreas Beck said:

There are rumours of an Allison Mustang on track-link.com which are perpetuated on BM. No scale given.

It was mentioned in a Tamiya domestic bulletin and they've done some P-51A measuring but it's almost certainly 1/48 or titchier.

The very slow market in new LSP styrene has allowed me to rekindle an interest in Victorian and Edwardian silver. Every cloud as they say.

Tony

Well, there was a multi-years time gap between the release of the Tomcat and the first F-15. Same after the Phantoms, after the Zero... 

So, this is not that surprising. We possibly reached the end of their last LSP cycle up to the arrival of the next one! 

Nonetheless, it looks like the evolution of the technology disturbed the logic more than once as it is clear some kits were initially designed to release other versions but the molding technology has so improved in the meanwhile this probably explained why no other version was released years later... 

Accordingly, from a certain point of view the Tamiya kit quality is possibly the worst enemy of variations on a theme. 

I think the only way to solve that would be the quick releases of multiple variants but for whatever reason this is not compatible with the release philosophy of the company. 

8 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

I think the only way to solve that would be the quick releases of multiple variants but for whatever reason this is not compatible with the release philosophy of the company. 

Release philosophy of most model companies.

579645-udder.gif

;)

9 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Indeed! I would not be surprised as I just bought an old Revell P-38! :hmmm:

Still we don't know if this will be 1:32, looking at size of sprue and number 5 on it compared to the nose itself, may be 1:48