Any Tamiya 1/32 rumours?

timvkampen

6 hours ago, Radub said:

Which one? Tamiya has a few 109s! They just released the 1/72 Bf 109 G-6 kit last month, it is hitting the shops around now, and that video is just as applicable to that NEW kit. ;-)

Radu

Radu

true. But a man can dream

Woopee fart, another 109.  That's all we needed.  I will resume my wishing now.  Sorry,  I just can't get excited about anything WWII German.  I guess I'm in the minority, and a bit frustrated.  Oh well, my credit card is safe for now.  They ain't  getting any of my money.

13 minutes ago, Patrick HMD said:

Woopee fart, another 109.  That's all we needed.  I will resume my wishing now.  Sorry,  I just can't get excited about anything WWII German.  I guess I'm in the minority, and a bit frustrated.  Oh well, my credit card is safe for now.  They ain't  getting any of my money.

The way I see it, companies need to sell loads of popular aircraft in order to make enough money to make the less popular models.

16 minutes ago, Patrick HMD said:

:clap2:

44 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

Even Tamiya doesn't have money trees.

I would not say Tamiya has money trees but they do release subject matter that appeals to their own taste.  They issued and then last year reissued the Caterham Super 7 in 1/12 scale.   I don’t think they are afraid to stretch a bit.  However, I would not expect them to stretch to far.  Many on here expect them to release their particular favorite but Tamiya has never really been a risk taker when it comes to their aircraft kits.   They have released some more obscure armor, auto and motorcycle kits but not so much in aircraft.  They just issue the modernized version of the Honda Monkey in 1/12 scale.  I thought it was a vintage rerelease but apparently this is a modern bike in a vintage style.  

If you really look at all of their 1/72, 1/48, and 1/32 release they are not that diverse.  Only a few rarities among them, most are iconic aircraft.  Even Tamiya’s 1/48 catalog is shockingly small when you start looking at in terms of unique airframes.  For example they have kitted around 10 versions of the Zero, three versions of the Mustang, three versions of the FW-190 and so on.  Most of their Catolog is not that diverse.  

I think there will be no 1/32 new release personally but if there is it will be something very main stream like the 109G.  If they go off the beaten track it will be the Ki-61.  Slim chance they will do the RAC Corsair that we think they are obligated to release.   Personally I think they should have just included the parts in the -1D boxing or -1A boxing so that they could cover the agreement if one exists.  

My reason to hope for a 1/32 Tamiya LSP is not to get a particular plane.  There are quite a few I would be happy with.  I want one for the state of the art kit engineering, I want glorious engine detail that neatly hides behind a perfect fitting cowling, a cockpit that needs nothing more than some stencils and a set of seat belts, maybe some poseable landing gear.  I want their LSP’s for the kit itself, not the specific subject.  

If you want unusuall LSP’s you really need to look to other manufacturers or Tamiya will perpetually disappoint you.      

Edited by cbk57

2 hours ago, vince14 said:

True, but plastic models are a very small part of Tamiya's hobby offerings, which in itself is a small part of a much larger company.

I get the impression that Tamiya make their serious money in RC's, cars and to a lesser extent - just a guess - paints.

I'm sure the 1/32 aeroplane division contributes a profit, otherwise what's the point?

6 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I’m going to be **very** surprised if they do that.  There is absolutely no indication from the design of the parts that they have provided for any way to do the British clipped wing tips.  Unless they cheap out and simply re-box the birdcage kit with RN markings, but since they were never used in combat that would seem to be not in the cards either.

Well, the question should rather be when you will be very surprised as they added separated wingtips for some reason and the Sutton harness is already present on the photoetched frets of the prior releases...;)