Any Tamiya 1/32 rumours?

timvkampen

1 hour ago, adameliclem said:

Lord knows, he is that guy who will always need another Bf-109. Green has a nice symbiotic relationship  with Tamiya, so it's possible that he knows something and is dropping a big hint. 

I probably should not have posted such speculation but just could not resist.  It was the first thing I thought when I saw the video.  I personally would be fine with a Tamiya 1/32 109.  I am at 70% of the mind there will be no new release and 30% there will be a new 109(which may be just wishful thinking).

1 hour ago, John1 said:

I’m so done with -109’s but if Tamiya offered one up in 32nd, I’d be all over it.   Just because....

If they incorporated the interchangeable open/closed engine concept introduced on their 1/48 G-6,, it would sell forever. They'll do what they want to do, when they feel like it. Still, it's clear that Tamiya took a keen interest in raising the bar on -109s in 1/48 and 1/72. 1/32 makes all of the sense. And if they get to enjoy martinis made with ZMs tears, all the better for them.

1 minute ago, adameliclem said:

If they incorporated the interchangeable open/closed engine concept introduced on their 1/48 G-6,, it would sell forever. They'll do what they want to do, when they feel like it. Still, it's clear that Tamiya took a keen interest in raising the bar on -109s in 1/48 and 1/72. 1/32 makes all of the sense. And if they get to enjoy martinis made with ZMs tears, all the better for them.

As long as they give you the late tail/canopy options, it would be a winner in my book.   

11 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

They have a very long way to go to get anywhere close to Tamiya's level.

Until they stop with the over engineering / sometimes hypothetical internals,  they never will.

I'm hoping their 'basic' series catches on ... if it ever gets here .

BzxAgQT.gif

8 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Until they stop with the over engineering / sometimes hypothetical internals,  they never will.

BzxAgQT.gif

Not going to happen my friend! It’s the Japanese way ...you’ve heard of KISS (keep it simple stupid)? 

The Japanese have KIDS (keep it difficult stupid!) :P

Not impressed with the 1/48 ZM McDonnell F-4 canopy — has the straight-sided look of an Su-15UM. I hope they fix it before they go big with old smokey. My money's still with HKM doing the best ever 1/32 Phantom II's.

If it's a Bf 109 from Tamiya, I'll pass. In whatever scale. 

Am still hoping Hasegawa might put out a new tool prop. Bubble top Ki-61, Ki-100, new tool Ki-43 or anything else Japanese that Tamiya ought to have done, given that these aircraft were designed, built and flown in Japan by Japanese. 

Anyway, three days to go to Shizuoka to discover the 70% probability of there being no new 1/32 LSP from Tamiya, and a 30% probability of it being a Bf 109 or new variant Mosquito. 

Tony 

21 hours ago, Mebo said:

I agree. The surface detail is also so crisp and rivet detail so small it looks almost correct in scale.

Im happy the paint manufactures stepped up their game over the last decade or so also. It would be really hard to do a modern Tamiya Kit justice with old school paint. 

Yes, true true. I am now working on the TF-104G by Italeri. Wonderful we have the kit in 32-scale but a nightmare to get the surface detail nice and crisp. It is irregular everywhere (Mtachbox quality..thick, deep panel lines, missing / unfinished lines...)..but we have it as a kit.

1 hour ago, Tony T said:

Not impressed with the 1/48 ZM McDonnell F-4 canopy — has the straight-sided look of an Su-15UM. I hope they fix it before they go big with old smokey. My money's still with HKM doing the best ever 1/32 Phantom II's.

If it's a Bf 109 from Tamiya, I'll pass. In whatever scale. 

Am still hoping Hasegawa might put out a new tool prop. Bubble top Ki-61, Ki-100, new tool Ki-43 or anything else Japanese that Tamiya ought to have done, given that these aircraft were designed, built and flown in Japan by Japanese. 

Anyway, three days to go to Shizuoka to discover the 70% probability of there being no new 1/32 LSP from Tamiya, and a 30% probability of it being a Bf 109 or new variant Mosquito. 

Tony 

I agree with you and Jennings on ZM dropping some balls here and there. The Phantom (I have the J-model) is really nice, but the canopy and the backside shape is unfortunate. Correctable but unfortunate.

BF-109..I pass as well.

Still hope they do a 48-(Tomcat B/ late A) and 32 (P-38 or F-14A new tool). Maybe Tamiya relishes the Rolls Royce role too much...? But it sure would be nice if they surprise us this year.

13 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

BzxAgQT.gif

Their plan for a basic series revolves around the Fw 190 doesn't it?  That will help with the early versions but I think Hasegawa has basic nailed for the a-5 and latter 190's.  Those are simple builds and one can add all they want to a kit.  

If tamiya releases a single engine prop fighter in 1/32 I will likely buy and build it.  Not sure about japanese subjects for example it is not a given that I will buy the Ki-61 but I might.  If it is a 109g I definitely will and most other WWII props.  For me the fact that there are other 109's out there in 1/32 does not matter.  I have not built a 1/32 109g before and don't own any.  The only WWII 1/32 props I have on hand are Corsairs, Spitfire IX and two zeros.  

6 minutes ago, cbk57 said:

If it is a 109g I definitely will and most other WWII props.  For me the fact that there are other 109's out there in 1/32 does not matter.  I have not built a 1/32 109g before and don't own any.   

Bit of an elitist attitude isn't it? I mean there are a wealth of 109's out there from other companies that with some actual modelling effort can be built into great looking kits. But because they don't have Tamiya on the box they should be dismissed. Give me a Tamiya kit and i can make it look just as ordinary as any other 'lesser' kit.

52 minutes ago, AlanG said:

Bit of an elitist attitude isn't it? I mean there are a wealth of 109's out there from other companies that with some actual modelling effort can be built into great looking kits. But because they don't have Tamiya on the box they should be dismissed. Give me a Tamiya kit and i can make it look just as ordinary as any other 'lesser' kit.

Not at all elitist.  I think that an unreasonable assumption on your part.  I just have not purchased the other kits out there as I have chosen other projects.  Yes I prefer Tamiya and I would find a Tamiya 109g compelling enough to buy and build one or more.  I don't have anything against the other offerings.  For example the Revell kit is nice and I have considered buying one along with the resin bits to improve it but I was more attracted to other kits.  

In reality I am not that skilled of a modeler.  I will freely admit I can get better results from a Tamiya kit than I can trying to modify another kit to the extent that it comes out with all the detail etc that typically comes with a Tamiya kit.  Others that have real skill would build a kit as good as what Tamiya offers off the plastruct rack from their hobby shop.  Not my skill set.