Any Tamiya 1/32 rumours?

timvkampen

Here is the new release list.  In English the scale of each new product is listed and there are no 1/32 listings.

I am using an iPad and don’t know how to set up translate.  The release list is linked here for anyone that wants to try:  https://www.tamiya.com/japan/newstopics/2019/0511shs_newitem/index.html

There may be a 1/24 new Toyota Supra at the show which is not on the list.  They are doing something with the new Supra but it is not clear what.  I think there won’t be a 1/32 LSP>

There is a 1/350 ship on the list.  But I find this a very mundane subject list by Tamiya standards.  Their are no aircraft listings in any scale.  That is a bit unusual for them as they usually do have an airplane release of some sort at this show.  That will leave a little hope for those wishing for a surprise release but I think odds are against it.  

Edited by cbk57

1 hour ago, cbk57 said:

Here is the new release list.  In English the scale of each new product is listed and there are no 1/32 listings.

I am using an iPad and don’t know how to set up translate.  The release list is linked here for anyone that wants to try:  https://www.tamiya.com/japan/newstopics/2019/0511shs_newitem/index.html

There may be a 1/24 new Toyota Supra at the show which is not on the list.  They are doing something with the new Supra but it is not clear what.  I think there won’t be a 1/32 LSP>

There is a 1/350 ship on the list.  But I find this a very mundane subject list by Tamiya standards.  Their are no aircraft listings in any scale.  That is a bit unusual for them as they usually do have an airplane release of some sort at this show.  That will leave a little hope for those wishing for a surprise release but I think odds are against it.  

It won’t  be listed, it never is by Tamiya for 1/32, very seldom does Tamiya list aircraft ahead of time, if it does get out somewhere, it’s been leaked out

1 hour ago, Stinger16 said:

It won’t  be listed, it never is by Tamiya for 1/32, very seldom does Tamiya list aircraft ahead of time, if it does get out somewhere, it’s been leaked out

That is the thing, if you look at the 1st Corsair release, the Mosquito, and the Mustang there was information out ahead of the Hobby show.  I don’t know if there was anything on the Spitfire or the various release but I know for sure we had info on the newer 1/32 release in advance of the show.  

I do not know as to the 1/48 release as there are more of them and I am not as sure.  But there has definitely been leading information on the 1/32 releases.  I am not certain that leading information has appeared always on variants but it definitely has with all new releases.

5 hours ago, cbk57 said:

There may be a 1/24 new Toyota Supra at the show which is not on the list.  They are doing something with the new Supra but it is not clear what.

That's very interesting news for me, as I have one of the new Supra's on order - so maybe I'll get a 1:24 to go with the 1:1!

supra-colors-deep-blue-metallic.jpg

One of my friends said he found news on new aftermarket parts for a yet to be announced Ki 61 by Tamiya. Not having seen the source he was referring to I can't vouch for how accurate that is but I would love a Tamiya Ki 61 if the rumor is true. 

2 minutes ago, do335b6 said:

One of my friends said he found news on new aftermarket parts for a yet to be announced Ki 61 by Tamiya. Not having seen the source he was referring to I can't vouch for how accurate that is but I would love a Tamiya Ki 61 if the rumor is true. 

I don’t think Tamiya is releasing a new 1/32 LSP right now but I think a Ki 61 would makes sense if they are as they are obviously interested in the subject having done a 1/48 and 1/72 versions recently.  Also they have only done Zero variants in 1/32 so another Japanese 1/32 for them would make a lot of sense.  I know hasegawa did one but a Tamiya one would offer more.  I don’t think it would be as big of a hit as a 109G-6 or an early Spitfire as these would in my opinion be guaranteed hits.  

Hasegawa has a few late model type 52 Zero kits Tamiya has their first on and the type 21, would love to see a type 22 and type 32 in 1/32 Would also love a Ki 60 to compliment Hasegawa's Ki 61

On 5/1/2019 at 3:18 PM, do335b6 said:

It would sell, oh, dozens and dozens.

34 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

It would sell, oh, dozens and dozens.

I'd grab one in a minute. After the fiasco with my Hasegawa kit (no fault with the kit, bur rather "builder malfunction", a Tamiya kit might just be pure joy to tackle).

21 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

I'd grab one in a minute. After the fiasco with my Hasegawa kit (no fault with the kit, bur rather "builder malfunction", a Tamiya kit might just be pure joy to tackle).

Me too - at least one.

But I'm not sure there is a wider market for it, at least not the same as the one for Spitfire's, Mustang's, Corsair's, Mossie's & Zero's.

2 hours ago, DeanKB said:

Me too - at least one.

But I'm not sure there is a wider market for it, at least not the same as the one for Spitfire's, Mustang's, Corsair's, Mossie's & Zero's.

Tamiya's primary market is Japan, though, and a Ki-61 would sell like hot cakes there.

On 4/30/2019 at 5:07 PM, Jennings Heilig said:

If there *is* a new 1/32 aircraft project, it's not going to be shown in the pre-show stuff.  It's going to be a surprise.

And there either IS or there IS NOT going to be a 1/32 project announced.  Anything else at this point, until the show opens and the first person goes to the Tamiya stand and sees with his or her own eyes, is just hot air.  If you don't work inside Tamiya in Shizuoka at the headquarters, you simply DO. NOT. KNOW.  And if you do work inside Tamiya headquarters, you're not posting on LSP.

Not true, When Tamiya was measuring the aircraft at Vintage Wings I knew well in advance of the releases in 1/32. It was kept quiet until the official announcement.

The only leak was on the Mossie by Avspecs. Even though owned by Avspecs, it was first researched when it was stored at Vintage Wings.

All is quiet now though. The only thing I spilled the beans on is the FAA Corsair boxing, which hasn’t come to fruition yet. Although the Sutton harness is on the fret.