Any Tamiya 1/32 rumours?

timvkampen

6 hours ago, vince14 said:

HPH do a couple of DH Hornets in 1/32, although it's a full-on resin kit and is pretty expensive.

Two very good reasons I've not indulged.

2 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

That seems like a no-brainer for Special Hobby.  The HPH kit was, sadly, done from inaccurate drawings, and thus has the same problem with the windscreen and nose that every other kit except the beautiful 1/48 vacuform kit done by the Japanese guy (whose name escapes me).

There are really only two basic variants for SH to do, and we know it would sell...

That is not fully true. The Hph Hornet has indeed such a problem but the nose was redesigned when they released the Sea Hornet. I know it as I mixed sections of both fuselages to make a Mk. 20.

Fascinating to read the desires in the thread some of us have. 

A DH Hornet is a pipedream of course...

I still hope for a combo: P-38 or a P-47 prop and a jet (F-18E/F, F-16A/B/D series, new tool F-14). All money makers. Then in 48: F-14A late / B and prop ...who knows...

On 4/17/2019 at 11:01 PM, LSP_Ray said:

1/32 Canberra! Followed by a re-boxing and extra sprue for the B-57! For $299, a steal!

Actually, I hope a P-38G/H, followed by the J/L. 

Canberra, yes please! Providing it's either the B(I)8 of PR.9 fighter canopy variants (plus, as stated, extras for  B-57).

I believe now there will not be a new Tamiya 1/32 LSP.  Hard to say exactly why but it is a combination of things as in prior years we had pretty solid indicators prior to the show that something was coming by Early May or late April.  I found a YouTube in Japanese that shows the Tamiya Shizuoka show guide with their releases for the show, their is no LSP in the guide.  Also there are no release flyers showing up on facebook and other sites and no product lists showing up that show a new 1/32.  

So at this point I am saying odds are highly against a new LSP.

16 hours ago, cbk57 said:

I believe now there will not be a new Tamiya 1/32 LSP.  Hard to say exactly why but it is a combination of things as in prior years we had pretty solid indicators prior to the show that something was coming by Early May or late April.  I found a YouTube in Japanese that shows the Tamiya Shizuoka show guide with their releases for the show, their is no LSP in the guide.  Also there are no release flyers showing up on facebook and other sites and no product lists showing up that show a new 1/32.  

So at this point I am saying odds are highly against a new LSP.

Being traditional Tamiya, they won’t announce anything till the week of the show or even the day of the show. Still keeping my fingers crossed