Any Tamiya 1/32 rumours?

timvkampen

Nah, Tamiya will do a Mk I for the upcoming Battle of Britain 70th Anniversary, complete with raised rivets on the tail and flush rivets elsewhere, and details to do all types of Mk I from first production to last production, AND include a little model of a flying pig.  :) 

PR

PS In 1/48 they'll do a Mk Vc

Edited by Pete Roberts

9 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Why would anyone do a Mk.Va?  There was a tiny handful built.

Revell have, in a way - the oil cooler on the Mk II kit is more like a V.  In any case, one extra part - oil cooler - in a Mk I/II kit, job's done.

6 hours ago, Pete Roberts said:

Nah, Tamiya will do a Mk I for the upcoming Battle of Britain 70th Anniversary, complete with raised rivets on the tail and flush rivets elsewhere, and details to do all types of Mk I from first production to last production, AND include a little model of a flying pig.  :) 

PR

PS In 1/48 they'll do a Mk Vc

Now wouldn't that be a dream, although I heard the pig started flying training, but got the chop. (Sorry, one of my rasher posts.)  :whistle:

A Vc would be good in 1:48 and 1:32.

3 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

12 pages of wonderful endless banter of individual dreams. You guys are awesome.  Where else can you find this in a modeling forum, eh?  Carry on and hoping you don’t glue your fingers together anytime soon.

Troy 

And the prize for the snarkiest post of the day goes to....

Edited by John1

On 4/16/2019 at 4:10 AM, DonH said:

Tamiya will release a new aircraft kit..... a 1/48 Spitfire Mk.Va or b.

Nothing in 1/32

I have it on good authority in a dream.

or perhaps the missing F-14B (and late A) in the Tomcat line-up?

But I still hope for a 1/32 surprise. Why not 2 kits like ZM seems to be able to do? A new F-14 1/32 and the P-38

3 hours ago, Luca said:

I ask only a F-111 or a Jaguar from Tamiya

I'd take a Tamiya Aardvark in any double digit scale. Hasegawa should have made a 1/48 series but didn't.

Tanmodel have a stack of research material I sent, as have others to help it along, and may still yet make one (though I'm holding out for their big Sea Flanker and whatever scale Buccaneers).

What happened to the Kitty Hawk 1/32 SEPECAT Jaguar? It was a goer at one time then seemed to have been dropped, like the much wanted Thunderstreak and Thunderflash.

If we get a Tamiya LSP this year the realist says it's a new tool Bf 109G or new Mosquito variant, the dreamer in me wishes for an RF-4E, Beaufighter VI or Seiran. 

Tony

I think they should go all in and do only 1/32 scale subjects!....I'd be flat broke with a stash the size of a B-1...Which they should also do in 1/32 by the way, but I'd be happy as a clam...why are clams happy? Never mind, yes, Tamiya should re-tool and do only and all 1/32 subjects...even tanks.

Tamiya rumours is great fun to read but I wonder if anyone at Tamiya is taking any of it in consideration....

But that is not the purpose of this as it is more of a dream Christmas gift list. But who knows, some times  wishes do come true!

Keep dreaming!

Alain

If we get a 1/32 tamiya is doing.a great job keeping it a secret.  So far nothing to eliminate a 1/32 but not one solid piece of information I can find one way or the other.  Their is only one confirmed truly new release in plastic so far.  They are definitely issuing a 1/35 Hornise, this is a German Panzer IV based self propelled artillery piece.  I have seen a photo on Tamiya’s website so this one is a definite and is not a rumor.  I think it likely there will be a 1/72 Spitifire Mk I but that is not confirmed yet.  

Everything else they are acknowledging so far is a kit announced already.