Any Tamiya 1/32 rumours?

timvkampen

12 hours ago, ringleheim said:

Hobby Link Japan has their usual "Teaser" information up regarding the upcoming Shizuoka Hobby Show in May.

Several new Tamiya kits are known to debut, but no mention of any aircraft in any scale.

I'd be shocked if Tamiya doesn't surprise everyone with a new aircraft release.

The question is whether or not it will be 1/32 scale!

https://hlj.com/shizuoka-hobby-show-2019-sneak-peek

I think you are dead on.  Those kits on the teaser were all out at Nuremberg.  The real announcements are not out yet.  There should be something interesting coming as this is the big show for them.  

i don t understand why no one is planing or has done an Invader(A-26),one of the preatiest planes around,with very significant history,and very popular,now if it comes from the best it will be worth the wait,i would be very happy also with P-38,Corsair-5,or Tigercat

44 minutes ago, hayaman said:

i don t understand why no one is planing or has done an Invader(A-26),one of the preatiest planes around,with very significant history,and very popular,now if it comes from the best it will be worth the wait,i would be very happy also with P-38,Corsair-5,or Tigercat

I could understand if it was an airframe which no longer existed and the companies were in no mood to listen to griping about accuracy if they just released any old kit to shut people up, but there are still plenty of A-26's to crawl around in and measure.

18 hours ago, hayaman said:

Too big for Tamiya. More of a HK Models type of project. The Americans really need to start a model company to make their favourite LSPs, or lobby the Chinese. 

I can say the same thing about the SAAB J.35 Draken series. It's about time a European company such as Revell did it in 1/32. Waaaay overdue. FLY, at least, are releasing the quite peculiar but welcomed Tunnan, and Italeri are apparently making a new tool PANAVIA Tornado. ICM are the heroes right now: Gloster Gladiator. 

Shizuoka is the big reveal, seeing if there'll be anything other than motorbikes and R/C stuff under the Tamiya mystery shroud. 

I'm also hoping Hasegawa might soon add another indigenous 1/32 prop to its range. 

Tony 

18 minutes ago, Mikester said:

1/32 P-38....from a reliable source.

It's the Walther P-38 and it's in 1/35 scale for a Wehrmacht figures set.

The Lockheed one would be pretty cool, but isn't the Trumpeter Lightning supposed to be quite convincing and a good build ?

Tony 

10 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

If you mean in 1/32, I don’t know. I’ve done a TON of research on the aircraft, including almost 3000 photos of four existing Bs,Cs, and Ks if you know a company that is interested 

i wouldn t mind in 1/24 too!,but a good 32nd is ok-since you mentioned,would you mind sending me some pics in case i build one in the future?

20 hours ago, CATCplSlade said:

I could understand if it was an airframe which no longer existed and the companies were in no mood to listen to griping about accuracy if they just released any old kit to shut people up, but there are still plenty of A-26's to crawl around in and measure.

there far to many frames around even in flying cond,we even have a modif K here in Greece!,can t do wrong in accuracy,and the last restored K (the...Special one)is spot on,there are also 2-3 more examples relatively(or very) accuratelly restored,i think it s from the easiest to find details

2 hours ago, Tony T said:

Too big for Tamiya. More of a HK Models type of project. The Americans really need to start a model company to make their favourite LSPs, or lobby the Chinese. 

I can say the same thing about the SAAB J.35 Draken series. It's about time a European company such as Revell did it in 1/32. Waaaay overdue. FLY, at least, are releasing the quite peculiar but welcomed Tunnan, and Italeri are apparently making a new tool PANAVIA Tornado. ICM are the heroes right now: Gloster Gladiator. 

Shizuoka is the big reveal, seeing if there'll be anything other than motorbikes and R/C stuff under the Tamiya mystery shroud. 

I'm also hoping Hasegawa might soon add another indigenous 1/32 prop to its range. 

Tony 

how much bigger than Mosquito?!