Any Tamiya 1/32 rumours?

timvkampen

Want--------------------------Tamiya release-----------------------verdict

Griffon Spitfire............Bf 109 G-6...............................pass 
Mosquito NF.XIX.........Mosquito B.IV..........................yes, if PR parts 
Beaufighter VI.f...........nada........................................oh well
F-14A new tool............not before death.....................scheiße!

Tony 

8 hours ago, Kongo said:

This year unfortunately only 1/48 Ki-84  Hayate ?!? 

Where did you find that?  Tamiya did one long ago, so it would have to be a new tool kit to be their aircraft release in may.  But it is possible.  With luck though a Hayate is only one of their releases and not their only major aircraft release.  I think it would be a let down as the 1/48 f-14 was really a bigger subject.  

I checked a few forums in response to your post but have not found anything yet about a new Ki-84.  Have you found a Tamiya release list?  Please let us know what is on it if you have.  In any event the purpose of this thread is to elicit information about a possible upcoming 1/32 release.  I personally consider information on other releases and release lists informative on this subject so please share more information.   Hopefully someone can find the Shizuoka release list for the show and post it.  There are surprise releases sometimes, especially their featured kit but anything we can get is helpful.  

Even though Tamiya is highly secretive, I believe they selectively release some information in order to generate interest.  They just are more subtle about it but we usually see black and white flyers showing kit features on major releases prior to the show.  I believe these are purposefully leaked personally as TAmiya has to know they are ending up on Facebook and other forums.  Tamiya model magazine and model blog sometimes get some early news out also.

Edited by cbk57

3 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Their old 1/48 Hayate is a great kit.  

With luck then that person was only learning of a reissue.  It is not that Tamiya can’t do a 1/48 and a 1/32, but it starts making me nervous if I find out of an all new 1/48 tool kit that we might not get a 1/32 kit.  Keeping in mind they will be releasing upwards of 6 plastic model kits in various jeanres, I prefer to hear nothing regarding aviation releases if it is not a 1/32 kit as silence leaves hope at the moment.  If they do an important enough 1/48 kit we won’t get a 1/32 at this show.  Also if they do something else big we might not get a 1/32 plane.  

5 hours ago, 32scalelover said:

They did redo their 1/48 Mk I Spitfire so it is possible they could update another older kit....just saying...

Tamiya have released a new tool 109 G6 in 1/48 scale, so that subject could be their next 1/32 release.  The G6 was a relatively hasty modification of the early G series and often referred to as "Die Beule" (the Bulge) thanks to the extra lumps and bumps acquired due to larger tyres and bigger guns being fitted.

As to an early Spitfire, I don't believe Tamiya need to release a new tool 1/48 version to do a 1/32 model.  The early Mk IX would suffice as the basis to do a Mk I, Mk II, or Mk V.  As the model starts at the firewall, they just need to do a single stage supercharged Merlin with it's shorter cowlings, together with a 3 blade prop.  Next, change the windshield to the early external armour plated job, and the wings need to be altered to take a smaller oil cooler instead of the port intercooler/oil rad of the later Spitfires, and you have a Mk Vc.  Next, a Mk Vb would need the cannon stub fairing deleted and the top wing stiffeners added.  Next, a Mk II would need 8 machine guns, no wing stiffeners, and a Coffman starter added to the engine, which means a bulge in the starbord side engine cowl.  Lastly, a Mk I would need some changes in the cockpit to cater for the manual hydraulic pump, different instrument panel and changes and deletions unique to the Mk I.

Personally, I'd love to see a Tamiya Spitfire Mk Vc, as this was the first version to undergo massive changes, and it served in so many places.  It had short, normal and long wing tips, it was the first in service to carry bombs, and it had 2 different tropical air filters, so from a modeling perspective, there's a lot of scope here for modelers to build more than one.  But I see the appeal of a Battle of Britain era Spitfire too. 

I'd buy both, but I suspect that we may get neither.  There's too many other subjects for Tamiya to concern themselves with.  But can you imagine a Tamiya kit which allows you to build any the early Spitfires from Mk I to Mk V??  I can:please:

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by Dpgsbody55

A 1/32 Raptor for me, but sometime ago I'd come to the realisation that Tamiya may not be done with 32nd scale planes, but are done with 32nd jets. 

My hopes are now lying with Academy (fingers crossed), and Trumpeter. 

Where we stand now:

As far as I can tell after 8 pages of mostly wishes and dreams:  there are two rumors as to possible Tamiya 1/32 releases, we have one person that says he knows someone who witnessed Tamiya Employees working on a tail boom for a 1/32 P-38 and we have one person who says he has a source for saying a BF-109G6 is on it’s way at some point. 

Neither can or will tell us a source(not criticism) which is not.unexpected as leaks just don’t come out of Tamiya until they want it to.

We also have a credible impression that Tamiya will release nothing.

I can find that no one has direct evidence of anything at the moment.  

If anyone has evidence of a forthcoming Tamiya 1/32 release please post it.

2 hours ago, cbk57 said:

Where we stand now:

As far as I can tell after 8 pages of mostly wishes and dreams:  there are two rumors as to possible Tamiya 1/32 releases, we have one person that says he knows someone who witnessed Tamiya Employees working on a tail boom for a 1/32 P-38 and we have one person who says he has a source for saying a BF-109G6 is on it’s way at some point. 

Neither can or will tell us a source(not criticism) which is not.unexpected as leaks just don’t come out of Tamiya until they want it to.

We also have a credible impression that Tamiya will release nothing.

I can find that no one has direct evidence of anything at the moment...

The secret's in the title of the thread: any rumours ? 

It's an annual ritual on LSP to discuss wishes, rumours and at what time of day Tamiya san prefers to take tea, saki or to pee. 

And, as we all know, Tamiya will do what Tamiya wants to do next.

This is mostly speculative fun to while away the hours pending the arrival of the lawn tennis season and Shizuoka model show in May. 

Tony

7 minutes ago, Tony T said:

The secret's in the title of the thread: any rumours ? 

It's an annual ritual on LSP to discuss wishes, rumours and at what time of day Tamiya san prefers to take tea, saki or to pee. 

And, as we all know, Tamiya will do what Tamiya wants to do next.

This is mostly speculative fun to while away the hours pending the arrival of the lawn tennis season and Shizuoka model show in May. 

Tony

I know that but it is a serious question also, does anyone have any info?   To me this is just about the most important thread of the year.  The May hobby show is always the one with the big Tamiya releases and so it is the most exciting one for me and I go to every effort to find out what is coming before the show starts.  

Inquiring minds want to know and I was making an effort to bring things back to the point and summarize what we know now.  

Who does not want to be the first to know or figure out what or if there is going to a new 1/32 aircraft from Tamiya, at least on this forum?  

It will be interesting to see where and how we got there if something comes foreword.

Edited by cbk57