Any Tamiya 1/32 rumours?

timvkampen

9 hours ago, Thomas Lund said:

I know you are kidding, but a Tamiya 1/32 Bf109F would have me in tears first, then my bank account would be hitting rock bottom etc etc

I agree.  The 109F is not one that has been offered much, especially in 1/32.  The Friedrich represented the 109 series at it's peak, too.

Cheers,

Michael

3 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

I agree.  The 109F is not one that has been offered much, especially in 1/32.  The Friedrich represented the 109 series at it's peak, too.

Cheers,

Michael

Exactly - the ultimate dogfighter (at least in the 109 series) and on top of that some awwwwwesome camo's for the F model.

Often difficult to find the Hasegawa F and the Trumpeter is not a F at all

8 hours ago, D.B. Andrus said:

I've heard their next 1/32 kit will be the Bf 109G, however no date as to release. Not at liberty to name source, but has proven reliable. We'll see.

I am not advocating for a 109G, but this is just what makes the most sense to me, especially when you look at the 1/48 kit and the timing of the 1/72 kit.  There is something about it, the pattern and the fact that they have not done a German WWII prop in 1/32 that makes me feel this is the one.  

13 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I want everyone to hold hands and pray for a Tamiya Mosquito B.IV!!

Make that a B/PR IV kit and I'll be very happy.

3 hours ago, wunwinglow said:

Spitfire XIV/PRXIX

But happier still with either of these.  An FR 18 option in the XIV would be even better.  Don't want much, do I?

On 3/15/2019 at 12:03 AM, D.B. Andrus said:

I've heard their next 1/32 kit will be the Bf 109G, however no date as to release. Not at liberty to name source, but has proven reliable. We'll see.

Way down on my wish list but I'd probably buy the damned thing just cause it's Tamiya and the quality would be mind-blowing.   That and the fact that there are thousands of interesting and colorful markings options available.   

I would just hope that they would include the "late" G-6 bits in this kit (Erla canopy, tall tail, tall tailwheel strut, etc) and not just do the earlier version and leave us hanging for a few years (or forever).  

I swore off 109's after my battle with the Revel G-6 but if T does this, I'll be all in.  

14 hours ago, John1 said:

Way down on my wish list but I'd probably buy the damned thing just cause it's Tamiya and the quality would be mind-blowing.   That and the fact that there are thousands of interesting and colorful markings options available.   

I would just hope that they would include the "late" G-6 bits in this kit (Erla canopy, tall tail, tall tailwheel strut, etc) and not just do the earlier version and leave us hanging for a few years (or forever).  

I swore off 109's after my battle with the Revel G-6 but if T does this, I'll be all in.  

Sigh, me too. But with  the value of the ZAR now, I probably wont afford it.