Any Tamiya 1/32 rumours?

timvkampen

17 hours ago, Tony T said:

Sounds convincing to me, although the P-38 shot down Allied aircraft as well. A very trigger happy bunch.

Blue on blue? Surely not..... That would never happen these days right?...... right? Is it a bird, a scud, a Tornado? Oh sod it. Shoot it down anyway. No-one will ask questions! :whistle:

Sorry to our American friends across the pond. Just a bit of a sore subject to ex-RAF Tornado personnel when it's mentioned.

Edited by AlanG

16 minutes ago, AlanG said:

Blue on blue? Surely not..... That would never happen these days right?...... right? Is it a bird, a scud, a Tornado? Oh sod it. Shoot it down anyway. No-one will ask questions! :whistle:

Sorry to our American friends across the pond. Just a bit of a sore subject to ex-RAF Tornado personnel when it's mentioned.

Yet the Tornado’s malfunctioning IFF system is rarely mentioned when discussing this. 

“The Board concluded that ZG710’s IFF had a fault, which was unknown to the aircrew, and that the lack of IFF at the time of the accident was a contributory factor.”

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/82817/maas03_02_tornado_zg710_22mar03.pdf

2 hours ago, timvkampen said:

i hope they break the prop-pattern

oh why break the prop-pattern, we LOOOOOVE TO SEE another 109......NOT!!!!!!!!!

Seriously? why breeeed on another worn out type like a 109 or for that matter a P 51 (which by the way is my favorite propellor plane) and do something inovative, as in indeed a comtemporary model, be original, be "fresh".....oh wait but no, ofcourse "money is what makes the world move, even on plastics"..........RANT OFF......!!

2 hours ago, GMK said:

Yet the Tornado’s malfunctioning IFF system is rarely mentioned when discussing this. 

“The Board concluded that ZG710’s IFF had a fault, which was unknown to the aircrew, and that the lack of IFF at the time of the accident was a contributory factor.”

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/82817/maas03_02_tornado_zg710_22mar03.pdf

That's a bit of a get-out. Did the Patriot battery mention that (thinking they might be under missile attack and running to their bunker) they turned the missile defence to automatic? The report is a whitewash, but let's move on in the knowledge that the missile crews' SOP has been revised, the Tornado "accident" being one of three — the other two concerning a USMC and a Canadian Hornet over the past three decades, which also were fatal.

Those are the facts

Tony 

2 hours ago, Jack said:

oh why break the prop-pattern, we LOOOOOVE TO SEE another 109......NOT!!!!!!!!!

Seriously? why breeeed on another worn out type like a 109 or for that matter a P 51 (which by the way is my favorite propellor plane) and do something inovative, as in indeed a comtemporary model, be original, be "fresh".....oh wait but no, ofcourse "money is what makes the world move, even on plastics"..........RANT OFF......!!

A fresh, new perspective, never expressed on this forum before...

jk

Edited by esarmstrong

I see above the usual comments, why doesn't Tamiya do something off the beaten track in 1/32.  In relation to this discussion, I took a fresh look at the Tamiya Catalog in the following scales 1/100, 1/72, 1/48, and we all know the 1/32 stuff they have done.  Really when you look at their existing releases, they have a pretty shallow catalog even in 1/48.  When you take out sub variants like three versions of the Corsair and 6 or seven versions of the Zero they don't have near the depth in Airplanes the Hasegawa and maybe some other makers have.

In 1/48 Tamiya have released a few off the beaten track kits but not that many really.  Maybe 10 of their releases would be kind of left field.  My point is Tamiya is just not that adventuresome when it comes to Airplanes.  You are more likely to get something obscure from their Armor releases.  They have done a few unique French and Japanese kits that were pretty obscure.  

In 1/32 their kits are and are going to be bucket list planes.  Whether a 109G or a P-47, if they release something it is going to be a kit that many will complain "we don't need another ..."  I don't know what the point of complaining about that is or even wondering why they don't release a Fairly Fruitbat Mk I or whatever your personal favorite is.  

Please understand I am not advocating for a specific plane.  I am only entering into the discussion what I think is coming and studying the replies to see if someone actually does pop up with real information.  Hopefully in April we will see a leaked Flyer like we have seen now and then with Early design features.  I am mainly hoping they release a 1/32 plane and then we can debate how horrible their choice was.  There won't be much fun though or much friendly fire if they release a 1/12 SF71 celebrating Kimi Raikonens last wing(At least for you LSP guys, I would be quite pleased).

4 minutes ago, cbk57 said:

..."  I don't know what the point of complaining about that is or even wondering why they don't release a Fairly Fruitbat Mk I or whatever your personal favorite is. 

I wonder why people enter into discussions they think are pointless.

azOGqRE.jpg

Because it's fun ?

:party0023: