Any Tamiya 1/32 rumours?

timvkampen

24 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

And As to the rest, Ive said it before, saying it now, and Ill continue to say it................a well done P-51 B/C is a licence to print money. 

I have yet to plunk down the cash for a ZM kit, simply because the subjects aren't enticing enough for me so far, though the prospect of a 190 of their quality is tempting. But if they actually roll this P-51 B/C out, I will be buying one in a heartbeat. The only thing I would buy quicker, would be a 1/32 ZM P-38. Can you even imagine that? We all agree that one by Tamiya would be incredible,  but the internal detail that ZM would likely put into a Lightning would be pretty cool to see, too!! Or, dare I even say it, a P-38 by WNW? I am dizzied at the thought....

44 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Not that I recall, but Ive been wrong on lots of stuff before.   Unless it was hidden in some other thread somewhere, nothing noted at last years US NATs by the old man. 

About halfway down, where he talks about the winners of the Guess the next SWS airplane quiz.

http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/sentiment/oyajiblog_102.html

I'd love for Tamiya to release an updated new tool 1/48 Lancaster to replace their older one and hopefully fix the issues with it. Just think the amount of units they'd shift and prospectively take away from the 1/32 crowd if they did. Not saying i wouldn't like to see an LSP from them. But if they did the Lancaster then it would defo be added to my 'wants' list

4 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Not that I recall, but Ive been wrong on lots of stuff before.   Unless it was hidden in some other thread somewhere, nothing noted at last years US NATs by the old man. 

54 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Most definitely not. Hundreds of heads would have already exploded.

18 pages on this topic guys :)

jan

Apart from their 1/32 jets, I have only bought the Tamiya Mosquito FB.VI. Still would like to see a bubble top Griffon Spitfire and Mosquito NF bullnose, but it's no sweat if nada (again).

Really, I'll turn up the amp and sing along to the Wharfedales when the HKM Spey Phantom and/or TanModel Sea Flanker happen. Or the Fly Su-7, which may be as mythical as a new tool Tamiya big scale jet.

1/48 is incredibly unsatisfying in heft compared to 1/32, but many of the recent offerings in quarter inch scale have been exquisite, especially Tamiya's. So it might be an interesting release even if dwarf scale. 

Tony 

Maybe more entertaining to read would be a "What will Tamiya NOT release?" I'd love a P-47 Razorback or a P-38 a lot from them, but would never expect to see them release one of my other favorites in 1/32 scale:

Curtiss A-8 or A-12 Shrike

Martin B-10B (remember the Mon-key?)

Savoia S-55 of that Atlantic flight

Westland Hill Pterodactyl and why not a Handley Page Heyford to fly as it's companion? (I guess I would qualify as "Certifiable" in the UK)

Curtiss SBC-3 or -4

Breguet 693 of Air France (OK, this one deserves to be in 1/72 and is impossible to conceive of in 1/32)

A full set of every Schneider and Thompson Trophy racing plane in 1/32 or 1/24 (we could dream, couldn't we?)

Every Saab aircraft in 1/32

We now return control of your internet. You control the horizontal, you control the vertical. Not the droids you were looking for, but hopefully some entertaining thoughts.

All right I will bite, Tamiya will not release any kit that half the membership on this forum won’t be typing “for god sake we don’t need another(fill in the blank)”.  In other words whatever they release will be obvious.  In 1/32 they are only going to issue kits they believe are guaranteed hits.  So it will be well trodden ground.  

I have a belief that Tamiya will never release a kit of three subjects; the P-40B(Flying Tigers), P-38(used to shoot down Adm Yamato), F-6F(Marianas Turkey shoot).  Since they have never kitted these three kits in 1/72 or 1/48, I don’t believe my thoughts are completely unfounded.

Otherwise whatever they release in 1/32 many of us will sing the usual refrain “we did not need another x”.  

41 minutes ago, cbk57 said:

I have a belief that Tamiya will never release a kit of three subjects; the P-40B(Flying Tigers), P-38(used to shoot down Adm Yamato), F-6F(Marianas Turkey shoot).  Since they have never kitted these three kits in 1/72 or 1/48, I don’t believe my thoughts are completely unfounded.

Why do you believe that?

21 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Im definitely not looking for a new  1/32nd Jug atm, but that has always been my contention, that not unlike their release of the Birdcage F4U, Tamiya would release the lesser popular P-47 (razorback) next then a bubble top. 

Personally I like the Razorback way more, but it seems like the bubbletop is the more popular version. 

I thought B/C Mustang would be a logical 1/32 offering as would some F-16's, but no dice and these would be hone run as sales go.

3 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Why do you believe that?

I can't speak for cbk57, but I personally have had similar thoughts.

My thinking was (also completely unfounded, just a gut feeling from stories heard from employees) that Tamiya-san, seems very old school, and might have an aversion to milestone allied aircraft that had a major adverse impact on WWII Japan. I could be way off base too.

27 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

Why do you believe that?

I perceive those aircraft as relating negatively to a sense of Japanese nationalism and Japanese pride.  Especially as to the P-40B, has any Japanese company ever tooled one?   

4 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Most definitely not. Hundreds of heads would have already exploded.

What  do you know......Jennings is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  first time for everything I guess.  Heads must be exploding all over the world!

http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/sentiment/oyajiblog_102.html

:rolleyes:

Edited by ghatherly